Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Closing Sewing Room & 2016 Goals

2015 is a wrap for me as far as sewing is concerned. I started my 2015 sewing in April due to taking care of Jeff after his hip replacement. I feel good that I managed to finish 5 bed quilts plus 3 small Halloween quilts, a couple COC quilts, 6 table runners and countless pillowcases and embroidered items. In all it was a very good year. Now my room will get a good clean and Jewel will get to take a much deserved break.

My goals for 2016 include making a fox quilt and possibly starting an online business. More on that later.

What are your creative goals for 2016?

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Closing Sewing Room & 2016 Goals

To finish my 2015 ufos

3. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you! Both for being done and for starting a business. Can't wait to hear all about it

I'm so far behind I don't think I'll finish everything for 2015 until sometime in 2017!!! I have so many projects planned I need to retire so I can do them all!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Barb, you certainly accomplished quite a bit in a short amount of time!
    My goal for 2016 is to sew a little bit each day. Right now it's been more the "feast or famine" method. I also plan to start earlier on gifts for Christmas so it isn't as stressful a time of year.

This year I finished 4 table runners, 2 quilts, 2 tops ( not quilted yet), 1 fabric wreath, 30 elf shoes ( for favors) and 10 more elf shoes for gifts.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My creative goals #1 be around to finish ufos . lol. Make 6 quilt tops for Moms humanitarian group . I plan on those tops being some ufos that have been hanging around great use for them. I would love to make more scrap quilts, have been trying to take that for a long time. Then need to make me some table runners . then whatever srikes my fancy ....I need more ufos don't you know.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Barb you've been a busy bee. It's hard to believe that it's time to start thinking about 2016 goals.

With the news of baby Zeke, the list of things to get done exploded from next to nothing to a whole bunch!

Esther needs a big girl quilt, since I can't get the fabric that I made Jonathan and Esther's first big boy and girl quilts out of. Zeke is going to get Esther's quilt so it will match Jonathan's in the boys bedroom. I need to paint Zeke's peg nativity set, and make his tree skirt for his little advent tree (the boxes and tree are done). The minkie Botany Quilt needs to be started (I'll have to go to school to trace the shapes first). Oh, and an Easter basket when Jonathan can help me pick out fabric.

We're planning on painting the living room and dining room. With that comes packing up mom's china and pulling mine out from storage, ordering a new sofa for the living room and maybe one matching chair. We'll finish up the master bath with a new sink and stone counter top. That will finish the remodel on Mom's house and make it our own, for a little while anyway.

I've planned on gifting 4 dresden trees next Christmas. There are still a bunch of Row by Rows from this year that need to be done.

The hexie quilt has been claimed, so I need to finish that. I started it when Mom was so sick and we couldn't get out at all. I'm just not pleased with the way it's going. I'm glad Mel wants it. I think I'll get it big enough for her bed and then let her deal with the rest.

I won a kindle this year, I've yet to read a single book that the author friend has loaded on it. It's been a whirlwind since July.

We'll see what the new year brings, I think there's enough on my plate to start with.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! You have accomplished much in a relatively short time. I have finished one quilt top which I want to FMQ myself with circles, completed: my RXR quilt, a beautiful lap quilt, a Mystery Quilt and gave that as a gift to my SIL who has cancer, a full size Make it Coats Swatches quilt I gave as a gift to my Grandson, 6 wall hangings, 3 half-hexi Christmas table runners, several witch feet and elf feet done on the embroidery machine, two lace angel ornaments (thank you, Barb, for your post) on the emb machine, two quilt as you go lap quilts on my serger, a jelly roll quilt, and helped two granddaughters make their very first jelly roll quilts. I also have completed several blocks for my Let's Go Camping quilt (Anita Good Designs). I had to put that away until Christmas is over. I made a BGB and have three more I'd like to make for Christmas gifts. Not sure those will get done. My goal for 2016: I REALLY want to tackle the FMQ on the HST quilt top I finished. It's about full size and I am a little intimidated by the size of it. I also want to make a Double Wedding Ring quilt for my grandson who is getting married end of May! That actually will be priority for 2016. I'd say I've had a busy year! I'm tired just typing it all out. And it doesn't seem like I was really that busy. I love my sewing room!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Barb - you have been a busy bee this year! My focus for the next year is to get my business up and running. I'm starting to fine tune what I want to focus on as far as what I will sell most of the time
    Another goal is to make (at least) one COC quilt. There were hindrances in the past year that prevented this, but it is on my to do list for 2016!
    So many ideas, so little time

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have finished the following: 3 quilts; 3 sets of placemats; 3 table runners, 7 charm square bibs; 1 hot pad with matching coasters; 1 mug rug; 2 pillow cases; 2 Christmas sofa pillows; 1 tree skirt; 1 bento/origami bag; 7 microwave bowl potholders; 3 gift bags. This is much less than planned, but it was a difficult year. Next year will be better!

I still want to finish the following before the end of the year: King size quilt (finish quilting border, label and bind); 2 pillow cases to match king size quilt; Friendship quilt - finish quilting, label and bind; layer cake flannel quilt (sandwich, quilt, bind); 1 - 2 Christmas table runners.

For 2016, the top priorities are my daughter's wedding guest quilt and the Cats and Snails quilt. I have already identified six projects started in 2015 that have to be completed, and I have another six projects incomplete from 2014! Then, there are the 2016 Christmas gifts, and the ever increasing list of 'things I want to do"! 2016 should keep my busy and happy with so much quilting to do.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Creative goals for 2016: learn how to use more of the stitches on my machine, make my sister's memory quilt, seasonal/holiday table runners for my table, lap quilt for my neighbor, 3 lap quilts that I already have the fabric for, 2 wall hangings, a tree skirt and a couple of Christmas quilts. I have 2 works in progress that are slow going. I have 2 lap quilts that need quilting and I will have all my pieced UFOs finished!