Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Posts
    3,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Applique houses quilt along

    I just checked it out for the second time. I'm gonna try it. Might not keep up cause I'll be working on a DWR quilt for my grandson's wedding end of May, but I might be able to squeeze a couple of blocks in here and there.
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

  2. #12
    Applique Angel

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Naples, FL
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Applique houses quilt along

    Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    I just checked it out for the second time. I'm gonna try it. Might not keep up cause I'll be working on a DWR quilt for my grandson's wedding end of May, but I might be able to squeeze a couple of blocks in here and there.
    I don't know if I'll keep up with her specifically but I had to join so I can do it as I have time.
    Donelle

  3. #13
    Applique Angel

    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Applique houses quilt along

    2016 must the the Year of the House Quilt. I've joined Gourmet's Quilters house project for 2016, and I heard that the Row by Row will feature houses for 2016. I love the idea of using interchangeable pieces like her paper dolls pattern, and what a great title for her house project! I already have two huge projects on my list for the coming year, so I will have to pass on this one. However, I look forward to seeing your progress.

  4. #14
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Posts
    3,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Applique houses quilt along

    I heard the same thing about RXR for 2016. Don't think I'll do that this year. It was fun, but it consumed me. I now have 8 more rows to do from 2015 because friends of mine have gotten me some to do, so I'm set for RXR. But the houses look fun and I've never done a house quilt. I'm checking out the fabrics I have now and think I have many that look like or are similar to the ones she uses. I HAVE to stop buying fabric. I need to use up some of the ones I have (ha!)
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

  5. #15
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ewa, Hawaii
    Posts
    868
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Applique houses quilt along

    Hi it's Carol in Hawaii. I just emailed Wendy to find out what is the size of each Happy House block. Awaiting her reply, when I get it I will post it here. Have a great evening. This looks like and interesting project to take on for 2016.

  6. #16
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kauai
    Posts
    21,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Applique houses quilt along

    Quote Originally Posted by surfergirl View Post
    Hi it's Carol in Hawaii. I just emailed Wendy to find out what is the size of each Happy House block. Awaiting her reply, when I get it I will post it here. Have a great evening. This looks like and interesting project to take on for 2016.
    Finished size is 10''.

    https://shopify-delivery-app-storage...6d529cc59e273a
    Last edited by Hulamoon; December 18th, 2015 at 03:45 AM.



    Lorie

  7. #17
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kauai
    Posts
    21,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Applique houses quilt along

    I'm not going to fuss with the beginning size. I have a blue layer cake I might use.



    Lorie

  8. #18
    The Guild President

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Marylands eastern Shore
    Posts
    942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Applique houses quilt along

    I joined. I have a couple of her other patterns. Plan to cut a bunch of 11" batting squares this weekend so I am ready to go.
    Debbie

  9. #19
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Sandy Springs, GA
    Posts
    1,380
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Applique houses quilt along

    I wish I had read this when I was still in the states.... I'm wondering if I have enough scraps to get myself started and experimenting, then I could kit it up for myself when I'm back in the states... It looks super cute and I'd love to share in the fun with you!

    ... My husband also downloaded the Harry Potter quilt for me, a Christmas gift, which I will most definitely need to collect fabric for next summer... Maybe these could be my two projects for next school year instead of a mountain of table runners ...
    Last edited by RockinLou; January 7th, 2016 at 08:03 PM.

  10. #20
    Missouri Star

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kauai
    Posts
    21,847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Applique houses quilt along

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
    I wish I had read this when I was still in the states.... I'm wondering if I have enough scraps to get myself started and experimenting, then I could kit it up for myself when I'm back in the states... It looks super cute and I'd love to share in the fun with you!

    ... My husband also downloaded the Harry Potter quilt for me, a Christmas gift, which I will most definitely need to collect fabric for next summer... Maybe these could be my two projects for next school year instead of a mountain of table runners ...
    I didn't know you went back already. Hope you had a good time and got a stash of those cheese crackers. lol Here's the first video. I think I'm going to invest in the printable adhesive because some of the pieces are so small.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzBF...eid=2d9f228bee



    Lorie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •