Thread: It's Friday!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday!

Name:  friday get in.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  12.0 KB

Happy Friday Folksies!
    Oh yeah, it's the weekend. How many things can you cram in to get done? I don't know about you but I plan on having a marathon sew-in session after work today, tomorrow and Sunday. Of course, those are my plans but you know how it goes with the best laid plans!
    Running late already this morning, so that's a hint on my schedule. I have two coming in early this a.m. for haircuts since they work retail and their hours are all skewed. There is definitely some hard frost on the punkin this morning, and that walk across the road promises to be crunchy and possibly slick. Fun stuff.
    Hope each of you have a special weekend. Don't forget to stop the smell the roses and remember the joy of this season. Blessings, hugs, and smiles to all!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beautiful.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	122116

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday!

Got to bake some cupcakes for my niece's birthday tomorrow so that will prevent me doing any sewing tonight. Maybe I'll get some done tomorrow after we get back from the celebrations. It's not raining here at the moment but the forecast is not looking good. Suspect this is the calm before the storm literally.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning to all, we are a weekend and in my country the weekend is a little longer because Tuesday is a holiday, and Monday is not working in industry and schools are therefore a little vacation, in my family half has gone to Andorra to snow so for me will be a few days a little uneasy because are 7 hours of drive and snowy roads, but that love and not let go when they have a few days of vacation, otherwise the rest remain here and visit me, so I try to sew something and finish some UFO, I hope everyone has a wonderful time and send greetings

4. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, Blondie and all!

Love the picture, Blondie - it made me smile!

Getting a little "me" time this morning before getting ready for work. Working til 20 today and then a few errands and home to get the kids (dogs) out for a walk before it gets dark. (After dark out here is when all the little and big nocturnal critters come out and things get crazy).

So far I've finished two quilts, a couple NCW's and two tree skirts for Christmas gifts. Still have more to do so hopefully I get to sew this weekend some. My sister loved the Lattice quilt and tree skirt I gave her when she was here for Thanksgiving. We had so much fun together for a whole week!

I've decided not to get myself stressed out this year shopping for gifts and since some of them are handmade, that does make it much easier on me. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoy it.

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. I got to Renfrew yesterday at Denis' store and bought more stuff I did not need. hahahaha

I like shopping by myself because I get to look at things. I was gone for about 4 hours. I did not buy that much, a few groceries and a few more Christmas gifts.

I am hoping to get into my sewing room today, but you know my plans always change.

Have a great day everyone and a wonderful weekend.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning -
    Quick popping in here, much to do today! Not sure how much sewing will be done this weekend. We have our banquet for our church's 30th anniversary (I've been around for 29 of those years ) It will be nice to see one of our former pastors who was here for 10 years. I did buy myself a new bible, since my eyes don't particularly like the tiny print anymore! I didn't even know a single column bible existed!! Received it yesterday - much easier on the eyes, and the layout is like a regular book, no distractions for me on the page
    I'll try to get some sewing things done - we'll see - have a great weekend all!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! After watching today's tutorial, I may kit up a Double Square Star quilt. This would be a good donation quilt to work on at sit-n-sew. DH and I went to Lexington Wednesday for an appointment. That's so out of our routine that it felt like the weekend and I had to stop and think about what day it is this morning. We'll go back to Lexington tomorrow, then maybe I'll have my days straightened out.

Have a great Friday!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

My embroidery factory is clattering away stitching out one angel wing. I have a very full day and weekend. Tomorrow a friend is coming over and we (mostly me) will make a few blocks for a Rainbow Girls quilt. She is the leader of a group in Springfield. This will be interesting since she doesn't know anything about sewing. It would be so much easier for me just to make the blocks but I would like her to learn something about sewing.

Todays tutorial is really nice. I will make this one for sure.

Carolyn, it sounds like you have really been busy making your holiday gifts. Next year I will make tree skirts I think.

Wishing everyone a productive and smooth day....Hugs

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. ALL the boxes are in the living room, the tree remained standing all night. I have to set up the mantle and the nativity, and the snowmen. And then de-box the house, and clean up the rest of it. Before two, when I go to work and am TRAINING someone. Three WEEKS before Christmas and with a very sore throat.
    Christmas cards are MADE, but not written/addressed. Most of the gifts are bought. NEXT week is a doozy, with an overnight to DC for a military funeral, a concert the next night and a Christmas party the following night! WHEW! Exhaustion setting in just thinking on it!!!
    I do have my Christmas Photo a Day up and operational.... so there is THAT!
    Take care, must get off the computer and start this list!!!
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: It's Friday!

Good Mornin,
    .........................Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1449020096798.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	122119
    Locking forward to a girl day, my daughter and I are gang t he big craft show today. Can't wait t see all the clever ideas these talented folks come up with. There is always a little bit of everything for everyone. Mostly the day with my daughter K is what k I'm looking forward to the most.
    Hope yall have a grate weekend. .
    Attachment 122120....Bee 🐝

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee