Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default triangles on a roll

Triangles on a roll are available at craftsy as well as some other quilt shops/sites.

Has anyone ever used triangles on a roll? What is the most useful size or sizes to have on hand? (seems to come in 1/2" increments to 6" finished block)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: triangles on a roll

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triangles on a roll.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	121834

Personally I have never used them, but I have seen them used in tutorials on youtube and fatquartershop....at $7.79 per roll, not a bad deal....
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I use them. I belong to the HST group. We are making 2" HST's for swapping with other group members. The papers work great. I find that the lines on the paper can be a little tricky on the eyes, but they do help you make consistently sized HST's that you don't need to square-up.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a pattern that requires a specific size, then that is the size to buy. If you know you frequently use a certain size, then that also is the size to buy.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I have used triangles on a roll for a quilt called "Third Weekend in October" and they were very helpful since there are many angles in this quilt. The papers helped keep everything even. If you are buying them just to have around I'd get the ones that are 2 1/2 inches finished since that would work well with pre-cuts. Usually I don't buy them until I have a specific need.
    Chris

"What I lack in leadership, I more than make up for in sewing." Sheldon Cooper, PhD.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There is a free template you can print of these at Quilting and Whatnot

Print them out without scaling, or fit to page, just print at actual size. Make your stitches smaller than normal and the paper will come off easier.