Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you look?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do you look?

I love to read all the comments in each category. I also like to click and read about about the person who posted. It puzzles me that so many haven't put anything in the About Me section. I'd love to know why you do or don't add information in your profile.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do you look?

Hi and welcome!
    Some people may not feel comfortable putting anything about themselves on the internet so they may not have any info in that section.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I look at a lot, and I attribute that to the job I had for over 31 years as a 911 dispatcher for a large agency here in Washington state. I put some information on mine, but not all.

I will never forget the afternoonI was sitting in my living room when my phone rang and it was a 'facebook friend'!! I had no idea my cell phone number was somehow attached to my account! It was a few years back, when my two youngest grandgirls had been kidnapped and taken to Texas by their father who had no rights to do so. They were gone six weeks. Anyway, this woman lives in the town where he had them and her and her husband drove over to the house to see if they could see the girls to make sure all was well. The place was locked up like Fort Knox, but it meant a lot to me that a person I don't even know would do something like this for me. I have since removed my phone number from Facebook, however if anyone looked, they could find my house # if they were that desperate to talk to me. When I see it, I always urge people to remove their birth year if they have that posted. That is too much information, especially on FB!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Privacy issues...I worry about what is out there on me in cyberspace. I enjoy the forum annnd FB, but I know it comes with some risk.
    Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like to write about me, but I will not write my address or my phone number.
    I have a pretty screwed up family and I do not talk to any of them anymore (except my sister) and most of them don't even know where I live, it's too much they know where I work!

But when I make a Swap I exchange address happily thru private message or email I've made lovely friends thru Internet! Plus it helps all the forums I'm in are abroad (from Italy).

But I wrote silly stuff about me (See Frozen obsession)

Btw I love to give a look on other's profile to know them better
    Last edited by Juliet Taylor; November 26th, 2015 at 05:26 AM.
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Do you look?

I wish people would share a little info, so as to find common intrest , hobbies, likes, lts nice to connect with like minded friends.

I only share so mch here o r online.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I do look and yes, it's disappointing to see nothing there. Maybe people who have the quilting passion would like to share with others who live near by. I filled out my "All about me" section for that purpose.....of course, my life is so busy, I haven't had the opportunity. I am envious of those forum members who have had that chance...maybe someday/
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about the info in the About Me section. I am not looking for personal information, just general stuff like hobbies, interests, pets, etc. Internet friendships are impersonal by nature, so I think it helps us know each other a bit more and feel a bit more connected.
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Do you look at users notes? There is far is far more about me there than th user notes.

I don't usually look. I read the post, more personality comes out there. I will gravitate to those that have fun & happy posts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, privacy issues. That's why there isn't more about me in my Profile. There are too many predators out there & people who will take advantage.