Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS COOKIE?

My favorite Christmas cookie is not a cookie, either. It is my chocolate cake balls. I have just finished dipping the last of 9 dozen I have made this week. Not difficult at all but a little labor intensive. It is what is requested for me to bring to every holiday get together. Last night I gave a container of cake balls to my next door neighbor who, as she is walking her dog, has been taking our newspaper out of our paper box every morning and putting it up on our porch by the front door. A short time later I got a text from her that literally said, "ooh, ooh, ooh! I would call but my mouth is full of the best cake ball I have ever tasted and I needed to let you know that right away."
    Too funny. The funny part is that I make so many that I don't usually eat them which is what happens when I cook too much of something.
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are peanut butter kisses. The ones with the Hershey kisses on top.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is whatever someone else bakes and gifts to me. (I am a sad, sad baker!)
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite cookie is my sugar cookie, It has sour cream in it. Makes a lot!!! The recipe came from my Great Aunt!!

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

My guess is a cookie that is known by many names, and normally with pecans but I have used walnuts also, diced very small. But they are known as Pecan Balls, Southern Pecan Balls, Mexican wedding cookies, Russian Tea cakes and a few others that I can't think of now. Try looking those up, they might be what you are looking for.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just to muddy the waters a little more, we make ours with ground almonds and call them almond crescents. If I have time I make them into crescent shapes, but if I am lazy, I just roll them in a little ball and flatten them a touch before baking. We put some sifted powdered sugar on a tray, then sprinkle more on when they come out of the oven, rather than roll them in powdered sugar.
    Linda
    "Home is where they love you"