Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to the forum

Hello everyone,
    I am from Utah. I have been a quilter for quite a while, but I did take the last 8 or 9 years off to run my husbands business. So, you can tell I was a needle and thread quilter. NO MORE!!! I am so jealous I wasn't around when the jelly rolls, layer cakes, fat quarters, charms and other exciting things came out. Not to mention the "Go cutter"!!!! Wow! what an invention!!! And the long arm quilting machine... Can't wait to get one of those. I love to curl up in a homemade quilt with a cup of coffee and a good book on a stormy day. Especially when I was the one that made the quilt!

I better take a breath. I'm so to start another quilt!!! LOL Seriously, I do enjoy making things. From quilting to sculpting. I am an artist and enjoy seeing what is in my head coming to life in something I have done. I also love to see what others create. So please show all your lovely quilts off!!!!

Please don't think I'm a know-it-all, cause I not! Especially all the new gadgets. I am just now getting back in to sewing. I have to learn all the tricks of machine quilting that have been around for YEARS now. I hope everyone is willing to answer questions, cause I'm sure to have a ton of them. Well, I will shut up for now.

Have a great turkey day everyone!!!
    Quilted Mama

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New to the forum

Welcome! Beware...you won't be a stranger to all this new stuff for long...a LOT of enabling goes on around here You will find some handquilters around here too!

Terri

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

That's great! I still have one of the first quilts I ever did. My grandmother helped me design it and quilt it for my wedding. That was over 36 years ago. Thanks for the warm welcome! Happy Quilting!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum from Massachusetts.There are lots of helpful quilters here on the forum.All you need to do is ask and someone will come along and answer your questions.There is a section of the forum that is called show and tell you can look through to see what people have made.You can also find out just by checking in often,you'll find things in the posts daily.
    Joan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and Welcome from California

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Connecticut. This is a wonderful forum filled with many helpful people.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. You will learn so much and be on the cutting edge (no pun intended) real soon. Be sure to check out the Gallery for an amazing array of quilts and other sewn projects. I could spend half a day there. The tutorials are a wonderful way to see what's new and fun.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome to the forum from Illinois.
    Keep Calm and Quilt On!
    Wishing all a happy and healthy 2016.
    Paula

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!! I love looking at all the quilts shown here. And thanks for the helpful suggestions! QM

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Florida! My daughter and I vacationed in the Las Vegas, Southern Utah and Arizona area last month and we hit a couple quilt shops in Utah. There were so many more I wanted to see, but time didn't allow.
    Donna