Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Why, didn't I DO THIS IN The First place..........Uhggggggg.

Quote Originally Posted by cv quilter View Post
    Mine is MESSY. I just asked hubby if he would put six shelves up for me (about 45 inches each) so that I can try to get better organized. I have fabrics in a big armoire, but also have some in plastic tubs (smaller ones, not big) and mostly I know what is in them. I just purchased some that have the lock tops and are about 10 x 15 inches, 4 inches tall. They stack very nicely. Going to organize to put different projects in each one. Will label them and place on the shelves. I'm thinking that will help me. My other organization project is to put into notebooks patterns and projects from various classes I take (quilting, embroidery, serger and place them all together. It's got to help! My problem is I have 3 or 4 projects going on now or recently finished and I tend to leave the fabrics used in them here and there on my cutting tables. GOT to get those put away!!!
    Well, it was a very rainy snowy day here and Fred put all my shelves up (he is so very good to me and I am blessed) and I now have things much better organized. Lots more room on the shelves for more clear plastic storage boxes so I'll be back to Walmart to get more. Still more to do and I have to tackle the papers/patterns next. But I'm happy with the progress we made!
    A day patched with quilting Seldom unravels Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, we have to be ORGANIZED????? I never got the memo!
    Sandy B.
    "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I knew I had a lot of stash but not as much as I found when I started to organize it. I swear it keeps multiplying over night. I starting to keep track in a large 5 subject notebook of what I have on hand. Sometimes you think did I buy this or was I going to get it. Soooo There are 5 sections in the notebook so I make one section of all the jelly rolls I have color and company. One for charm packs, one for layer cakes and one for large yardage. This way I can check my note book and see what I have at a glance. Then I just have to find it in my storage bins. I also have a section with all my rulers listed by use ( special ones or templates)
    Sometimes I see something and can't remember if I was going to get it or I did. Hope this helps. I know it is a little long sorry.