Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Contact with Mo Star Quilt Company???

Quote Originally Posted by MGilbart View Post
    I've had a hard time getting through to Missouri Star Customer Service by phone. They have an answering machine and I've left messages, but gotten no return call. I've emailed but gotten no response. So I just keep calling until I get through. . Thank goodness my orders usually go through just fine and I don't usually need customer service!
    You're not alone in trying to reach someone. Sadly, mine is about two different items on two separate orders.
    I called every 30 minutes for about 3 hrs last week and then the next two days a few times each of those days myself. Not once did anyone answer the phone and I started the first day not five minutes after they opened. I still need to speak to someone but haven't wanted to attempt calling again yet.

I have always had really great customer service in the past so this really surprises me some problems I've had lately.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they've just gotten too busy to keep up. One time I tried the "international" contact number and they picked up right away. (816) 744-4945. It's a Missouri area code. Good luck!

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MGilbart View Post
    Maybe they've just gotten too busy to keep up. One time I tried the "international" contact number and they picked up right away. (816) 744-4945. It's a Missouri area code. Good luck!
    I always use that number.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

NEVER got anyone on the phone. They seem to feel answering it isn't important.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyknot View Post
    NEVER got anyone on the phone. They seem to feel answering it isn't important.
    MSQ has an answering machine on their phone instead of "wait your turn with muzak playing". When I left a message, however, I never got a return call. Also, I got no response to multiple emails.... my only success has been to call, hang up when the answering machine engages, and call again and again until somebody picks up. That's a sad state of affairs. Some companies seem to be trying to move away from phone service - they encourage email correspondence. MSQ seems to be discouraging customers from contacting them at all!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Not at all what we are going for. Our customer service has a goal of a reply to every email in 24 hours and we are working towards a system that will make sure every call gets answered every time. Hopefully still with no hold music. It's requiring a big software upgrade for them and hiring quite a few new folks in there, but we are well on our way. Oh, and our customer service team will be extending their hours to almost midnight in another two weeks, and eventually we'll be a full 24 hour customer support center with all of its employees right here in Missouri.

True, we're not there yet, but how many other companies do you know building that? It's gonna be pretty amazing, and we're seriously getting closer! Keep calling, we'll knock your socks off here pretty soon

7. Thanks Kimber4444 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You would make a GREAT used car salesman if you ever get tired of this job.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

That all sounds great. I'm glad you guys are working on fixing this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Not at all what we are going for. Our customer service has a goal of a reply to every email in 24 hours and we are working towards a system that will make sure every call gets answered every time. Hopefully still with no hold music. It's requiring a big software upgrade for them and hiring quite a few new folks in there, but we are well on our way. Oh, and our customer service team will be extending their hours to almost midnight in another two weeks, and eventually we'll be a full 24 hour customer support center with all of its employees right here in Missouri.

True, we're not there yet, but how many other companies do you know building that? It's gonna be pretty amazing, and we're seriously getting closer! Keep calling, we'll knock your socks off here pretty soon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That will be great!! The last couple of times that I needed to contact the companies, their answering system was somewhere on the other side of the world. Unfortunately, they had no idea of what I was calling about and only had pat answers to all questions - very frustrating.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyknot View Post
    You would make a GREAT used car salesman if you ever get tired of this job.
    hmmm......maybe the comment you made was supposed to be funny....however, I didn't take it that way. I too, have had some recent issues here at MSQC. I have noticed that when calling, MSQC hasn't picked up. Now, remembering what I have read in the past about MSQC growing bigger and bigger, along with the NEW warehouse that they built so that they could full more orders easier and faster, I have given the benefit of the doubt, simply because when something new is added to the mix, there's often little problems that have to be ironed out.
    I called one day because all of a sudden my password didn't work ( I was trying to place an order. ) I got the message that Jenny says "Please wait while I find one of the girls to help you." After a minute or two, I am advised to leave a detailed message, and someone will call back within 24 hours ( it might say 24-48 hrs....can't remember that ) . Low and behold, within 24 hours, the phone rang, and it was someone from MSQC. The gal on the phone and I talked, she helped me re-set the password and I tried using the new password, it worked so I thanked her, and I hung up.
    The next week, I tried to sign in, and the same thing happened. This time, I went to the bottom of the website where it says CONTACT US....and I sent them a detailed email, and the problem was solved !

So, not to make light of anyone's issues with MSQC, I think that remembering that this awesome company usually does a fabulous job for us all. To become one of the best companies for quilting and sewing in the few short years MSQC has been around is quite an accomplishment as far as I am concerned. Way to Go Missouri Star Quilt Company !
    My wish for 2016 is to be able to visit MSQC ......it's only a little over 650 from my home, and it's something I really want to do. I would love to attend a retreat, but a shopping trip and meeting some of the MSQC team would be a great pleasure even if I didn't get to go to a retreat.
    Hopefully the order arrived that this gal was worried about.??? ( I didn't see a reply from her to mention that she received the order and all is well......of course maybe I missed it ! )
    I don't blame you, I would be worried about any order I placed ....with anyone if I didn't get it in the time specified.

One more thing, I think that Karen McEuen who is a moderator here for the MSQC forum does a great job. IF she sees a post that isn't properly placed in the right thread, she does transfer the post to the proper place, so it isn't lost etc....Thanks Karen !

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"