Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Contact with Mo Star Quilt Company???

UPS Sure Post takes F O R E V E R. Usually 7 or more transit days as opposed to 2 or3 with USPS.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Well they do seem all caught up, my last couple of orders I placed this week got packed and shipped promptly. I'm very impressed with their ability to work out those kinks so quickly while under that kind of strain, it would have spelled disaster for most new small businesses. And yes, they're still a small family business, they are not Amazon and I very much appreciate and love that. They are a global LQS growing daily. I'm sure all their shoppers are adults and found ways beyond a wall phone to communicate with them in this modern age, and it was a brief time that they were swamped and are already back on track and learned a lot.

They are able to keep their costs down with one type of shipping. Lower prices for them means lower prices for us. I'm sure they're seeing they'll need to offer faster shipping options, I keep seeing people ask for it. I've never needed fabric overnight and always plan in advance, but not everyone is like that or maybe you miscut your yardage and need replacement so you can finish in time. Even Amazon's two day shipping sometimes turns into four or more, the shipping industry and businesses coordinating with is not always perfect.

I do have to wonder if some of these customers who won't let go of a blip in time were mostly concerned their order would be lost and they wouldn't get the winning ticket. There was a problem with such a tiny percent of their orders, they didn't lose their customer base over it, and they're better than ever now. Can we give them a pat on the back for today instead of reliving the past?

3. Thanks TracyD, BobiShort thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vickit View Post
    I realize this reply of mine has nothing to do with the original reason this thread was created, but I wanted to make a comment regarding the post office change done not long ago. I VERY much would prefer it go back to UPS. At least the tracking was done correctly, and it was much quicker. When UPS handled any orders in the past for me, once shipped from MSQC, they were at my house within 2-3 days. The post office adds another day or two to that. I'd love to see the option for us to have UPS or Post Office shipping if that might be possible. Of course, I do really appreciate the flat rate shipping you so nicely offer to all of us, so maybe that isn't possible to give an option.
    I've been working on this, we actually have a trial coming with fedex in a few weeks, we'll see if they can give improved service. We are definitely stewing on it though.

As it stands, it's all by weight and size, we go with whatever gives us the best blended rate (service level + price) and then ship that way. Different shaped / weight packages will get different services, so you'll still see your ups man from time to time

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

This is just for the general public wandering by. I was just privately viciously attacked by one and only one person for my last post - they told me their problem is not the company, but with other customers having a good experience and saying so. It's of no importance, I'd much rather we could dig into a giant stash of fabric and chocolates and enjoy quilting together. That's really what we mostly do here as M* graciously allows us this forum to play in.

No company can please everyone, some people have bad days and are upset at other things in their life and redirect their anger to a safer place. Such is life, and everyone deserves kindness and understanding and some good thoughts sent their way. Missouri Star's responses to people publicly here have been just that - and the utmost in help in personally checking on and attending to their orders. They get an extra golden star in my book for always practicing what they preach - that customers are like family to them and should be treated as such by each of their employees and owners alike. A very unusual company indeed in this impersonal age!

6. Thanks sherriequilts, BobiShort thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I hope you can come up with something. It's just so much slower from our post office and then when it finally gets here they stick it into my mailbox which I have problems getting to safely because of my health so then I have to wait allllllllllll day long for my husband to get home from work. At least UPS puts it by my back door so I'm able to get it myself as does Fed Ex so that's another reason I like those two over post office. The longer delivery time though is the bigger reason though. Having to wait all day for my husband to get home was just me being whiny. LOL

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have nothing to complain about. I live in Hawaii. It gets here when it gets here.

Urban Dictionary: Hawaiian Time

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

An order placed with M* and another Quilt website on 11/16. The other company shipped my order same day and will be here 11/20 via USPS. M* shipped today and will be here via UPS 11/24?
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I placed an order this AM and I received an email stating it had already been shipped by this afternoon.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty great news, we are caught up to same day with customer service, shipping is on the same day as well, it's pretty dang exciting!! Try us again shermur, we're making things happen!

12. Thanks sherriequilts thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

I've had a hard time getting through to Missouri Star Customer Service by phone. They have an answering machine and I've left messages, but gotten no return call. I've emailed but gotten no response. So I just keep calling until I get through. . Thank goodness my orders usually go through just fine and I don't usually need customer service!