Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fabric Challenged

Hello,
    I'm new to the quilting world, and not really good at imagining what fabric will look like in a pattern. I like the gooseberry fabric by Moda fabric and am trying to decide what quilt if either would look good sewn with it. I'm torn between the Chevron style quilt or one called Plume Quilt it is in the Fat Quarter Style book of quilt patterns. The block would consist of two normal 5 1/2 inch squares and the other two you would sew 3 inch squares in opposite corners with a solid color. In the end you would have the printed fabric and then the solid would look like arrows. Also was wondering if anyone would know if the Plume quilt pattern would be a hard one to make? Thanks so much for any help I may get..

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fabric Challenged

I don't know the plume quilt pattern but I think it would be lovely in a chevron. Welcome to the forum.

Women are Angels.
    When someone
    break's our wings
    we will continue to
    fly...usually on a
    broomstick.
    We're flexible like that.
    - embroitique

Beginning Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cat. Welcome to the board.

I don't know the Plume pattern either, but I Googled the fabrics and looked at "Images" for that fabric. Several nice patterns in that fabric. Now I have to go see if I can find that pattern. Always curious about new patterns.

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'm not very good at deciding if certain fabric will look good with certain patterns. so I love help with this. Plus I'm new at the quilting thing so that doesn't help either.

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

As far as the Plume pattern I picked up a book. It is called Fat Quarter Style. has 12 quilt patterns in tit. They are Its sew emma patterns. Looks like it is put out by the fat quarter shop. Copyright 2014

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe if you go to the Fat Quarter website or do a search for this pattern book you will be able to find it. Has some neat patterns in it. Yes I love that gooseberry moda fabric. I love all the colors. New to hear also. Not sure I'm even doing any of this right.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would look good in the chevron pattern, I don't know the other pattern you mention.

Welcome to the forum, by the way

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Jeesh sorry for the my bad spelling tonight. LOL. Should have been it, LOL and here, not hear...I'm getting tired.

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for welcoming me

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Any hints or tips on how to tell if a fabric line would look good in a certain pattern would be much appreciated. Have a good night.