Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's Friday, it's Friday.

Good morning. A late log in here this morning. Jodi has her driving test this morning so they were up early. Maizyn wet herself and was up early, but luckily she crawled back to bed with me and fell asleep. It is really busy here when Maizyn comes to visit. Sadie had a sleepover at the neighbour's last night.

Washing blankets, cooking and doing dishes is all I will do today around here.

Have a great weekend friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It's Friday, it's Friday.

Morning Everyone....Just a quick hello and I'm off to run a laundry list of errands. Jeff stayed home from work yesterday so I wasn't able to get much done.

I got the Morse Code quilt back from Reggie yesterday. I took her an armload of items for her to quilt. It's going to be a quilted Christmas. I also have several pillowcases and a set of shams to make plus loads of binding. This is the last year I will do commissioned work. I will continue to make baby quilts though.

Wishing everyone a great day. Let's remember our Rhonda (RFREE) in our prayers.

Hugs All Around....

3. Thanks Jewel thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Monique! I need to get going in the sewing room! Have participated rather heavily in the GOLDEN STAR search, now I need new stash place for the newest beauties!! No big winnings for me, just 100 quilters points, but I appreciate that. Those points add up!

My daughter called me yesterday ( not the one who just moved, the one who moved 2 years ago). She invited me to Atlanta for Thanksgiving! Before I got off the phone, I had my ticket purchased! Racking up those FF miles! First time not cooking T-Day dinner in a very long time! I'll help them cook the meal.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing major planned for today. Working at the moment, and once the children are in bed, I'll do a little Halloween decorating for them. It's not as big an adventure here as it is for you in the States but we are catching up. I need to make a Christmas decoration for a practice for a swap I am participating in and I might get that started this evening. If it goes well, I might be able to get an extra one done to send to Missouri. Thoughts with those in need.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi folks
    Just having a lazy day. I have had several medical interventions this week and so I am just taking it easy today. Probably I'll sew a bit but nothing major. Can't drive today (from anaesthesia) so either online shopping or stash busting today. I'm making a few things for a craft sale so I need to keep working on those. Making a variety of zipper bags. It is a lot of fun and nice to have a finished product quickly. I'm making the Nancy Ziemann Sewing Simple with rectangles and squares. They are fun and quick. I took about 2 hours for the first one. Then the next 3 took about 20-30 minutes. Really fun.

Sew Simple with Rectangles & Squares, Part 1 | Wisconsin Public Television

Nothing majored planned for the weekend. Probably just laundry and more sewing. I will have Aimee (my 34 yo developmentally disabled daughter) as usual. Although I love being able to have her here on the weekends, it always means extra work but she is really very good and easy to get along with.

Prayers and good thoughts to those who need them. Have a great weekend if you can.
    Grandma Nan

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Taking it easy this morning as I don't have a therapy session today - I'll do the exercises later. We plan a BIG food shopping and errand run this afternoon as the fridge and pantry are pretty bare. Need lots of fresh veggies and fruits also. Expecting family members stopping by over the weekend so I need to stock up. Think a big pot of soup and some fresh baked bread and/or rolls will be a good as we're supposed to have a cool weekend.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning, all!

I can't believe I have to go back to work tonight. Eleven days off has been like heaven! Just got off the phone with a coworker who warned me about the mess I am walking in to. On our shift there are two of us girls and three guys. Guess who does 80% of the work? Yep, the two girls, and that is proven every time one of us is on leave. That's why she and I always end up at this time of the year with "use it or lose it" leave. From what she told me happened this morning, I expect it to hit the fan in 3-4 of days, just in time for me to be back and get it in the face. Oh well. Not the first time.

Anyway, I ran out of thread less than 15 minutes from being done FMQ Sawyer's quilt and had to wait for DD to bring me more (it's too far to run out to get, if I don't have to). I did finish it up about 10:30 last night and trimmed it. I am getting the binding sewn on this morning. I have been weighing whether to machine stitch the binding, like I did with big brother Evan's, or hand stitch. Hand stitching always looks better, but I want them to be "alike" and baby quilts do get a lot of washing. So, I will probably machine stitch it. It will be quicker that way too. While I have my quilting set up, I will do the other baby quilt and DS's graduation quilt that I never finished in May.

Better get off of here and try to make the most of the few hours of vacation I have left. Hope everyone has a Blessed Day - prayers for all in need of them.
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: It's Friday, it's Friday.

Good Morning all.
    Busy🐝 busy,🐝 busy🐝 today🐝.
    I'll meet myself going around corners for the next few day's, ...........oh my, another wedding.

Hope you all have a very blessed day and wonderful weekend.

....Bee
    The footprint's in the sand are not mine, but is that of the Lord's, who has been carrying me....

~~♡
    ~~~~Sewn By Bee

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, my landlord called and said he was getting his windows and tracks cleaned and wanted to know if I wanted it done too. I sort of hesitated because I had no idea what the cost would be. Then he said, oh, I want to pay for it as a thank you. Windows washed and tracks cleaned by someone else . . . for FREE?!?!? I jumped on that offer! I will have clean and sparkly windows this afternoon.

So even tho I am realllly under the weather, I am smiling!

Happy day to all!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm working on a project for Emily's school. Then I have to put in some time on her Halloweeen costume. I'm probably overthinking the elephant trunk thing, but we'll figure it out!
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com