Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pfaff Performance 5

I've just ordered a new sewing machine, the Pfaff Performance 5. Does anyone out there have one? If so, what do they think of it? I've looked on you tube and find it to be pretty good. Any hints and tips on using it would be greatly appreciated.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pfaff Performance 5

congratulations! I don't have the Performance 5 - I have a Creative 3.0. I love Pfaff!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hi....just thinking about getting one....have just reserved to test drive one when I get home.
    Have a Janome 7700 at the moment and love so much about it but the issues regarding the bobbin case are driving me nuts.

Like you looked on you tube and spoke to a few people and all give really good reviews.
    I am in the UK (normally...but am on holiday is the US at present) and the machine is at a really good discounted pricemin the UK so wondering if Pfaff re bringing out something new?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There are some older threads on here that people have talked about this machine if you want to search. I have had mine for over a year and love it. There are so many features that my older machine doesn't have; too numerous to mention. I really like the low bobbin indicator, thread cutter, fancy stitches, and of course the built in walking foot. I wish I could tell you more, but unfortunately I have not been able to sew as much as I would have liked the past couple of years and haven't discovered all the things this machine will do. I have had a Pfaff since 1974 (maybe mine was one of the first to have the built in walking foot) and I still use it too. I have not tried machine quilting on it yet except for straight line on doll quilts, table runners and other small items. If I ever find some time, I want to practice quilting on it.
    Linda
    "Home is where they love you"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Performance 5 and I love, love it. It is a workhorse. The only idiosyncrasy I see is that it is a bit fussy about thread, but not always. Mine loves aurafil and that's not a bad thing. I love the IDT walking foot. Good on heavy fabric or layers as well. You can set it to back stitch when you start and finish. Easy to drop feed dogs. Low bobbin is handy too. Only thing I dont like is that it is quite heavy to lift. Good excuse to get a back up machine for classes. (ha, ha).

I think you will be happy with it.
    Grandma Nan

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a Performance 5.0 a little over a year ago and I absolutely love it! The Pfaff IDT is wonderful! My prior machine was a Pfaff and this is one of the reasons I stuck with the brand. Spend some time with the manual and Villiage Sewing Center has a long video on youtube that is full of information. I've used several of the wider quilting stitches for things like placemats and find that to be an added benefit. They might be nice for a border as well, but I haven't done that. Enjoy your new machine!