• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KPH
    Missouri Star
    • Feb 2015

I'm a mumbler

I've started a bad habit, or maybe continued a bad habit.

I started my day with good intentions, really I did. I logged on to 'enroll', again, for our medical insurance for next year. That's when the mumbling started. I tried to log on, it didn't know who I was, so I had to reregister. I got the email for the 'new password' so I could get into the system to log in to enroll. Jumped through the first hoop, only to find out that you click on a button and have to log in to a different portal. So being the intelligent person I thought I was, I re-entered the information only to find out that wasn't acceptable. More mumbling, just a little louder ensued.

I entered the user name and password that I had used the night before, and it worked! Amazing, I know!
    I started editing the information, clicked submit and got a You're enrolled notice. Well, that's nice... where the heck are the discount things that I'm supposed to fill out? More mumbling, now I have 15 tabs open and I can't remember which is which. More mumbling only it's starting to sound like real words that would grow hair on a sailors chest.

I finally finished, earned my discounts, but one that had the 'health assessment' that I had to do twice, never showed up. By that time,I was beyond ticked. Clicked on the 'contact us' button and let them have it. I jumped through their hoops, and I wanted my $40 a month discount dang it! Well I got an email back, with a phone number (toll free even) I called and the lady was so nice. I told her what all I'd gone through, and she checked sure enough I had done my health assessment and it would be discounted, it would just take a week to 10 days to show up. Why didn't they say that some where on that dumb screen!

That was the beginning. It got worse, I took the savings bonds that Dad purchased to the bank... it's only the 4th time. I had the paperwork that I'd found on line, filled it out, underlined the part that dealt with what the bank was supposed to do next. Well, that part went well, but no where in the directions does it say how to sign the bonds in a case where both parties are deceased. Now it was time for someone else to join my mumbling ways. The poor loan officer that got stuck with us, called the upper levels of the CU, they gave her a number to call. We sat in her office for 30 minutes listening to the phone ring. She finally said, she'd keep working on it, but no need for all of us to be tied up while she was trying to get in touch with someone to get an answer. It worked for me. So we left.

Around 3:30 she called, I know how you have to sign the bonds! Yea! We'll finish up the bond fiasco... and that paperwork that the CU wanted me to search and find... they didn't need it after all. All they needed was proof that I was who I said I was and had the power to cash/ reissue them. Mumble, Mumble....

So to undo all of my mumbling ways today.. I finished my BIL's tiger quilt. I'll snip threads in the morning and post pictures tomorrow.
    Katrina
    From NC, retired in FL
    “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” Maya Angelou
  • Bjvarizona
    Designer Diva
    • May 2014

Re: I'm a mumbler

What is there to say? It was just one of those days! You survived it, good for you. I wish you a full week of great days as a reward!
    Bev

Comment

• stationarymom
      Missouri Star
      • Jun 2013

I'm always glad nobody is around to hear me mumble sometimes the words are words I don't even use or know how they got out of my mouth.I hope things go better tomorrow.
      :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

• Lori63
        Missouri Star
        • Mar 2015

Glad to hear you made it through, sometimes mumbling helps!
        Lori

http://sewtimeforme.blogspot.com/

Comment

• easyquilts
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2012

OMGosh....Mehta a nightmare,m wish I could say it was unusual, by put alas, it is not.... Beaurocratic nonsense seems to be rhe order of the day....everywhere... It can be Anouilh to make a grown man weep....in total frustration.

The world runs on numbered forms..... Forms that MUST be filled out, and returned, accompanied by yet other documents. It's the sort of thing that makes one want to nang one's head against the nearest wall....

Such frustration a known cause of mumbling.....soft or loud...... Mumbling is the only way to go.....

Mumbles of the world....unite...... Let your frustrations and dissatisfaction with "how things work" be known throughout the world...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

• Sonic
            Missouri Star
            • Sep 2014

I'm a mumbler too.
            Only I have to keep my mumbling between the hours of 8am to 3pm on the weekdays...while kiddo is in school.
            Because guess who is an excellent parrot??

But mumbling helps.
            I mean I can't prove it scientifically, but it does.
            Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

• Monique
              Missouri Star
              • Jan 2011

Mumbling.......................................... ........................poor you.
              Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• MRoy
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2011

I'm glad you got things worked out. I always dread health insurance open enrollment, but this year if I want to keep the same plan I don't have to do anything....yay for passive enrollment!
                *~* Myrna *~*
                *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Working...
                X