Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best place to buy a machine online?

I promise this will be the last question about this purchase. Maybe.

I've FINALLY decided on the Juki 2010. I have to buy online since I can't easily get to a store. I've seen it at Amazon (I have prime so no shipping charges), SewVacDirect, Sewing Machines Plus, and AllBrands. Just wondering if anyone has experience ordering machines from any of these places and your opinions. I ordered my Brother from Amazon - that 2-day shipping is great, but I just wonder if I'd be better off buying the Juki from a site that just does machines. And vacuum cleaners - why are those two things always lumped together? Weird.

Anyhoo. I'm not concerned with any different 'extras' the places might have, just if there's a problem which place might be better than others to purchase from. Also I know they might go on sale for the holidays, but I don't care because I want it now now now.

I sure do appreciate all of you, and value your opinions more than you know!

(hey Sonic - did you ever buy that new machine you were thinking of?)
    Last edited by pharris123; October 15th, 2015 at 07:59 AM.
    Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all!

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Best place to buy a machine online?

I buy my machines at www.sewingmachinesplus.com. Good service, good people and good prices. They are located in San Marcos, California. Shipping is free when you buy a machine. I bought two Janomes machines from them: the MC 9500 and my fave, the Janome 12000.
    Last edited by Bubby; October 15th, 2015 at 08:09 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

All of the sites you have listed are reputable
    I have never purchased a machine from any of them, but you should be fine with whichever site you pick! Let us know how it goes - I'm excited for you

4. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my Juki 2010 from Sewing Machines Plus. They answered my questions and gave great service during the phone order.

*~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

6. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I bought my juki 2010 thru Amazon from SewVacDirect. For me, I wanted the Amazon 30 day guarantee in case of buyers regret. No regret though. And prime is fast. I had a problem with the walking foot & SewVacDirect had Juki send a new foot the next day. I just love my machine.

As an FYI I bought the juki 2000 first through Amazon. As I newbie I soon realized I need the speed control. Amazon just sent the return shipping label and I was good to go for the 2010. I hope you love juki.

8. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased two machines from Amazon.com. I like Amazon's customer service and return policy. I always make sure I'm buying from Amazon and not "other sellers." I used Prime. I can't remember which sewing machine company fulfilled my order, but I think it may have come from a company in Texas.

Both machines have worked out very well.

10. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

raichert.com.........read lots of good reviews and after purchase service.......

12. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I bought mine at a store just two miles from my house. We got him at the same time as a computerized machine, which I got an extended warranty on. Did not on Jack and neither I or my husband are worried about not having it because there really is not much that could go wrong. Make sure you oil him / her after about every eight hours of use. I forgot to and he reminded me yesterday by talking back! Once I gave him a drink, he was happy again.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have not heard good things about AllBrands. I would suggest sticking with one of the others. JMHO.

Marci

15. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

If you buy from Amazon, try to buy direct from them and not just fulfilled by them. I only say that because it's faster and easier to deal with them directly if you have any problem. Other shops, especially ones that get orders fulfilled by Amazon, have to adhere to Amazon standards or risk not being able to keep their shop in Amazon, so they are usually as excellent as Amazon but can take longer to communicate with.

Amazon will bend over backward if there is any issue. And, say your machine arrives damaged, they will have UPS come pick it up. That is a huge bonus for me since I currently can't drive or get out to shop much. Of course they can't provide technical support with your machine, so if you want that you might contact other sellers and see what they offer.

If you buy from Amazon, understand their prices fluctuate a lot, even on sewing machines. Google "Amazon price tracker" to find various sites that let you plug in the Amazon URL for your item. They give you a graph of all the prices for the past year(s). If you want a better price, wait for it or you can even use a browser plugin from one of these sites to alert you.

This is just an example of a price checker. It's the machine I have my eye on (but life keeps throwing expenses at me). It's the Singer s16, which is actually a rebranded Janome that is the same type of machine as the Juki you're looking at. It is currently $999, but has been as low as $500 -- that's a lot of extra money for fabric.
    Singer S16 Studio Industrial-Grade True Straight Stitch Only Sewing and Quilting Machine (B00KAYDYE0) | Amazon price tracker / tracking, Amazon price history charts, Amazon price watches, Amazon price drop alerts | camelcamelcamel.com

Good luck with your machine buying, I hope you're zipping along and loving your new machine soon!

17. Thanks pharris123 thanked for this post