Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Janome 7330 Magnolia ?

My cousin that I quilt with has this machine. She asked me if we could get a walking foot for this machine. I cannot seem to find any info on the Web on whether you can put one on this machine or a part number. Does anyone here on the forum have this machine? Who can help?

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome 7330 Magnolia ?

I also could not find a walking foot for my Janome. I did find out that it is a low shank and that Brother, Singer, Elna, White and a couple others all can use the same accessories. I bought mine on Amazon(Distinctive). Don't remember the cost. but not expensive. Good luck! The info is out there, sometimes you just have to dig alittle deeper or in very unexpected places. You could even try eBay. BTW, I have a Janome 3160 QDC.

3. Thanks Bailey65 thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Janome 7330 Magnolia ?

Yes, you can just get any generic low shank feet. Vintage and higher end machines will have different ways the foot attaches (i.e. high shank), but most machines use low shank and are all the same. The only differences you'll run into are the stitch width on more specialized feet; some are made for machines with small maximum stitch widths and won't span your feed dogs if your machine is, say, 7mm stitch width.

I've bought many generic feet for my cheap Singer Heavy Duty and couldn't be happier. They are identical or better quality than what came with my machine. Distinctive is a reliable brand, but I've gotten $3 no name made in China feet that have been just as good.

5. Thanks Bailey65 thanked for this post