Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP, 10/13/15, What treats are coming from your sewing machine?

Splinter, I understand the necessity of the FRP all too well, but I am happy you escaped! My personal FRP is working better than I expected. I'm not sewing! The guilt keeps me from ordering fabric to stockpile. No sew, no buy. It's the only system than works for me.
    Sylvia, that is weird about your 1/4 " seam. Must be the quilting gremlins hanging around your sewing room. Maybe JJ could scare them off? Sic'em boy.
    Has anyone talked to Carrie J? She's missing. Sonic too. Miss them both.
    Wrecked my right hand last night which killed the plan for today. No sewing either. Just doing what I can do and trying not to get too obsessive about it. Helps to see the neat stuff the rest of you are doing. Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Oldsewer, I'm still here..
    Carrie is well, but I'll let her answer for herself cuz you know...one never knows what that ornery cuss might be up to these days.

Harvest time on the farm, unexpected breakdowns and that blasted Craftsy all access pass deal has been taking up most of my waking hours. I'm squeezing in a little sewing when I can, but not much to show for it yet.

Now what in the world did you do to your hand? Bopping family members over the head with a frying pan again?? I told you, if you are going to beat people... you need a lighter pan my friend.
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I'm blaming that Craftsy All Access Pass...or maybe it was the Southern Living Christmas book that I snagged for 88 cents, but today I went down to Jo-Ann's and got a grapevine wreath with a coupon and a swag of fake autumn leaves and made a wreath for the front door. It actually looks okay. If I had more energy I would add ribbons to it but my creativity bone is plumb tuckered out.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boxie Pouch for Me.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	119677

I finally have a place for my sewing tools!
    My blog (when I will be able to keep it updated): http://juliasdreamabout.blogspot.it/

Queen of Quiltgard

Lover of Scraps

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Leah! I figured harvest was keeping you busy, but "the room" gets empty without you 2 rascals. The hand is one of those deals with no drama, just clumsy. Tore the skin bad and it's sore. Better today. I'm having a calm day, so hitting someone doesn't sound as fun as it might some other times. lol Have an electrician coming tomorrow am for a big project, so it'll be a stay loose and see how it goes day. Hope you have a good week. Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	189.8 KB 
ID:	119686 Here is the picture of the crib size falling charms quilt. Plan to finish piecing the Minnesota Vikings quilt tonight.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Oldsewer (Sharon), still here, just running deep and silent these days. So sorry to hear about your hand and hope it heals quickly for ya! And Leah's a fine one to call the kettle black, there, LOL! Got lots of tops to plow thru on the frame, and enjoying the dickens out of it, nice to be able to have the windows open now that the temps are what I consider perfect temps! Along with that, baking bread! And just so you know, teflon pans do the job for the non-calm days, wink, wink!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Juliet--that bag is wonderful!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Juliet love the bag! Anita I love the falling charms! Thank you for making up my mind on what I will do for one I need.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Juliet, that bag is supercute! How much fabric did you need? I have a Fatquarter of knitting themed fabric I bought to do some kind of Christmas present for my favorite Aunt, who knits and makes crochet. Would a FQ be enough for a bag such as yours?

Momgram, your quilt is very pretty, too. I'm missing working with florals.