What Are You Watching on Craftsy All Access Pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ilive2craft2
    Missouri Star
    • Oct 2012

Re: What Are You Watching on Craftsy All Access Pass?

This is a great offer! I added my wish list to start with, then will look around for new ones that have come out.

Last night, I watched parts of quilted kaleidoscope - interesting technique of 4 patch kaleidoscope blocks.

I now have Creative Long Arm Quilting running - she does raw edge applique on her long arm! Would never have thought of trying that!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Comment

• Alpha O
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2013

I have trouble with videos - I can't stand to sit still and watch.

I print out the instructions from all the classes and keep the most helpful where I can find them. There are lots of good ideas and how-tos.

I wish they could index the tutorials so you could find the pertinent place especially if that's the one part you want to review. For example: I don't need some explanations on cutting. I do want to see the machine piecing. Hard to find using FF. I like to try it as I see it on the machine. I might try the tablet, stop and repeat. If I could mark it, I could review just that part any time I wanted to which is the rub. Laptop is too big.

I did try to just watch some on the tablet by the bed at night, but I fell asleep.

Comment

• DeniseSm
        Missouri Star
        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Alpha O View Post
        I wish they could index the tutorials so you could find the pertinent place especially if that's the one part you want to review. ... If I could mark it, I could review just that part any time I wanted to which is the rub.
        You absolutely can do this. That is what the "Add a note" feature is for. Click on the add a note button at the point of the video where you want to add a bookmark, and type in your note. Then it is easy to get back to the exact point. I also use this feature to get back to a screen shot I need to see again.
        Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• DeniseSm
          Missouri Star
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
          So I'm just curious.......what is everyone watching so far on the Craftsy All Access Pass for $9.99.

So what classes have you started so far and what do you think about them?
          I just finished "Exploring Natural Machine-Quilting Motifs" If you love FMQ quilting nature motifs this class is excellent. Here is the review I just wrote of this class

Brilliant. This is one of the best of the many Craftsy classes I have taken. Linda uses variations on simple shapes to create detailed realistic looking nature motifs. Linda has the ability to break this down to a simple process and to execute the designs on a domestic sewing machine. A soothing well modulated voice, and a natural teaching style, including how to correct errors made this a pleasure to watch.

I will definitely be purchasing this class to keep permanently.

Back to watch more videos!
          Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Comment

• Musical_Starling
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2012

I'm watching ALL THE THINGS! I started out with a basic photography course last night, and I plan on hopping all over the place doing a little of this and a little of that and soaking in as much knowledge as I can. I already told the Giant that I'd see him after Halloween is over and that there's leftovers in the freezer
            *Dee*
            Believe
            There Is
            Good In The World

Comment

• IndyQltr78
              Quilting Royalty
              • May 2014

For the gal having trouble, as others on the Forum suggested, check back with Craftsy. I originally had problems similar to yours and Craftsy contacted me very quickly. They said to change to a different browser, or to let my mouse hover over HD on the bottom right corner of the class screen and switch High Def off to watch the video. It worked.

I have a problem watching Craftsy on a Smart TV. Some lessons show up and others don't. Craftsy said they are working to solve problems using Smart TVs, but for now, try changing to a different browser or turn off HD like they suggested for computers.

Good luck, and try again. You'll love the all access to try the classes this month.

Comment

• lmanna
                Missouri Star
                • Feb 2014

I watched:
                -Paper Piecing the Quiltworx Dresden Plate (AWESOME)
                -Four Simple Fabrics One Amazing Quilt - (Good but it's the quilt pattern itself that rocks)
                -Pieced Hexies (AWESOME)

I think my next one is going to be:
                -Luminous Lone Star or Introduction to Bargello or New Directions in Tumbling Blocks or...I just don't know. There's too many I want to watch.

The cool thing is you can also watch the videos at 2x speed. The instructor sounds a bit like Mickey Mouse but it helps get you through the stuff you already know so you can discover the stuff you don't know.

Comment

• pcbatiks
                  Missouri Star
                  • Mar 2012

Originally posted by lmanna View Post
                  I watched:
                  -Paper Piecing the Quiltworx Dresden Plate (AWESOME)
                  -Four Simple Fabrics One Amazing Quilt - (Good but it's the quilt pattern itself that rocks)
                  -Pieced Hexies (AWESOME)

I think my next one is going to be:
                  -Luminous Lone Star or Introduction to Bargello or New Directions in Tumbling Blocks or...I just don't know. There's too many I want to watch.

The cool thing is you can also watch the videos at 2x speed. The instructor sounds a bit like Mickey Mouse but it helps get you through the stuff you already know so you can discover the stuff you don't know.

Imana, Thanks for the tip. Never thought to speed up the video. I listened to one at 1.5 speed and could understand everything she was saying. Of course after awhile.......she sounded like she had a few too many expressos!

I'm going to check out the classes you mentioned.
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Hulamoon
                    Missouri Star
                    • Jul 2012

I'm going to check out... Four Simple Fabrics One Amazing Quilt . Thanks Imanna. I alway's look for less fabric quilts to use up my stash.
                    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• pcbatiks
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2012

I've been watching Secrets of FMQ with Christina Cameli. She has some beautiful FMQ designs. I especially like the all of the designs in the section called Beads on a String. She has a pleasant speaking voice.

The class is just about the actual FMQ designs with her showing how to do them. There is no beginner basics of FMQ info like.......machine settings, or discussion of FMQ feet....etc.... The class is full of very pretty designs and she does a great job teaching them.

If you don't need basic FMQ setup info & just want to practice lots of designs....this is a fun class.
                      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• seaturtle
                        Missouri Star
                        • Jul 2015

I'm also watchign The Perfect Finish: How to bind a quilt with Susan Cleveland. I'm working on a binding right now so I figured I'd start there. I enrolled in all the classes that were sitting in my wishlist.
                        Cindy

Comment

• redcaboose1717
                          Missouri Star
                          • Apr 2011

Yes, actually I normally use Chrome....and occasionally use Internet Explorer.....maybe I should contact them again, I am sure that there could have been a mix-up somewhere. It has just bugged me that I have never been able to sign into watch the video I paid for....even though I didn't pay much for it.
                          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
                          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

• Hulamoon
                            Missouri Star
                            • Jul 2012

I started watching Linear Landscape Quilts. It's like taking an art class!

Thanks for the tip on speeding up. The piece by piece class was a little slow ,or rather the instructor.
                            🌺 Lorie

Comment

• songbird857
                              Missouri Star
                              • Jan 2014

I've been checking out these:
                              Design Your Own Handbags
                              Making Leather Bags (this has been on my wishlist for a while!)
                              Stunning Circle Quilt (going on my to do list for 'someday')
                              Spindling
                              Twisted Irish Chain

I'm gleaning at the moment - not necessarily watching every class all the way through. I do plan on watching Customize your Dress Form, and when my daughter found out that there is a bra making class, she was asking me to take that so I can make her some
                              There are a few photography classes that she will probably watch as well.

Comment

• Alpha O
                                Missouri Star
                                • Jan 2013

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                                I've been watching Secrets of FMQ with Christina Cameli. She has some beautiful FMQ designs. I especially like the all of the designs in the section called Beads on a String. She has a pleasant speaking voice.

The class is just about the actual FMQ designs with her showing how to do them. There is no beginner basics of FMQ info like.......machine settings, or discussion of FMQ feet....etc.... The class is full of very pretty designs and she does a great job teaching them.

If you don't need basic FMQ setup info & just want to practice lots of designs....this is a fun class.
                                I've got the class. She has some very good points, exercises, and hints, but she still does a form of all-over. I prefer whole pattern like the stencils they sell.

I like some of the ruler work concepts. I just quilted the center part of the quilt using those (QAYG). There is a whole pattern, but I did scallops in each block which made the block look like Robbing Peter to Pay Paul. Since I don't feel proficient enough to use the templates on the machine, I traced them using the same idea and FMQ from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X