Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What Are You Watching on Craftsy All Access Pass?

Quote Originally Posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
    I signed up for a something from Craftsy ( I didn't pay much for it ) and have never been able to open it....So, I am really leery about spending any money with Craftsy. I hate to bad mouth something like this, but on the other hand, they have never answered my questions when I tried to contact them about this either....so, that being said, I am still leery about spending any more money with Craftsy.com.
    Have you tried using a different browser? Some things just dont work with Internet Explorer or Safari!
    I'm not sure why you didn't hear back from them... They've responded within one business day to me every time I've contacted them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by songbird857 View Post
    Have you tried using a different browser? Some things just dont work with Internet Explorer or Safari!
    I'm not sure why you didn't hear back from them... They've responded within one business day to me every time I've contacted them.
    Also check you junk mail. I have learned (after getting frustrated) to check there when I think I should have heard from someone and have not.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redcaboose1717 View Post
    I signed up for a something from Craftsy ( I didn't pay much for it ) and have never been able to open it....So, I am really leery about spending any money with Craftsy. I hate to bad mouth something like this, but on the other hand, they have never answered my questions when I tried to contact them about this either....so, that being said, I am still leery about spending any more money with Craftsy.com.
    I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing trouble. They have such a wealth of information on there, I hate to see you miss out. Please tell us what operating system you have, windows, apple, android? And what browser you are using, IE, Chrome, Safari, etc....? I'm sure someone here will be able to help. As far as Craftsy not getting back to you, check your junk/spam folders in your email. They are very good at helping and returning customer questions. Possibly you typed your email in wrong? Did you get an email from them that you made the purchase?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What a deal this is! I'm starting out with "The Perfect Finish: How to bind a quilt" with Susan Cleveland. Great so far and who doesn't need a few tips on better and funkier binding?

The next class I'm going to check out is, "Colorplay for Quilters" with Joen Wolfrom. I took a class with her once and it was fantastic.

I have to tell you a story about that class. Jonas and I got there early to get front row seats. As soon as he sat down, he ripped a giant hole in the crotch of his pants. We laughed and laughed. Soon the room filled up with women. To start the class, Joen asked all the women with blue sweaters to come to the front of the room. Then she arranged them by the value of their sweaters. Then it was the green sweaters, then the yellow, etc. We began to panic. We were both wearing brown. There was NO WAY he could get up in front of 40 women wearing those pants! We could hardly contain our laughter. We were in a hysterical panic. But she never called on brown sweaters to get up. Thank God!
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Cyndi, I wish they had newer art quilt classes......don't you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great offer! I added my wish list to start with, then will look around for new ones that have come out.

Last night, I watched parts of quilted kaleidoscope - interesting technique of 4 patch kaleidoscope blocks.

I now have Creative Long Arm Quilting running - she does raw edge applique on her long arm! Would never have thought of trying that!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have trouble with videos - I can't stand to sit still and watch.

I print out the instructions from all the classes and keep the most helpful where I can find them. There are lots of good ideas and how-tos.

I wish they could index the tutorials so you could find the pertinent place especially if that's the one part you want to review. For example: I don't need some explanations on cutting. I do want to see the machine piecing. Hard to find using FF. I like to try it as I see it on the machine. I might try the tablet, stop and repeat. If I could mark it, I could review just that part any time I wanted to which is the rub. Laptop is too big.

I did try to just watch some on the tablet by the bed at night, but I fell asleep.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha O View Post
    I wish they could index the tutorials so you could find the pertinent place especially if that's the one part you want to review. ... If I could mark it, I could review just that part any time I wanted to which is the rub.
    You absolutely can do this. That is what the "Add a note" feature is for. Click on the add a note button at the point of the video where you want to add a bookmark, and type in your note. Then it is easy to get back to the exact point. I also use this feature to get back to a screen shot I need to see again.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    So I'm just curious.......what is everyone watching so far on the Craftsy All Access Pass for $9.99.

So what classes have you started so far and what do you think about them?
    I just finished "Exploring Natural Machine-Quilting Motifs" If you love FMQ quilting nature motifs this class is excellent. Here is the review I just wrote of this class

Brilliant. This is one of the best of the many Craftsy classes I have taken. Linda uses variations on simple shapes to create detailed realistic looking nature motifs. Linda has the ability to break this down to a simple process and to execute the designs on a domestic sewing machine. A soothing well modulated voice, and a natural teaching style, including how to correct errors made this a pleasure to watch.

I will definitely be purchasing this class to keep permanently.

Back to watch more videos!
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm watching ALL THE THINGS! I started out with a basic photography course last night, and I plan on hopping all over the place doing a little of this and a little of that and soaking in as much knowledge as I can. I already told the Giant that I'd see him after Halloween is over and that there's leftovers in the freezer
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World