Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bionic Gear Bag Size

I was trying to be a good girl, I really was, and was taking a fabric/pattern moratorium until my sewing room was cleared out. Well, then I bought one of those felt kits from Amazon (the Bucilla Haunted House one) and thought "Aah, it's felt. It doesn't count. And it's just one thing. Plus it was on sale. No big deal." So then today, Miss Helpy Helperton, who I will not name (*cough*Pam*cough*), sends me an e-mail with the code for the $9.99 Craftsy pass for the month of October. I've already been eyeing the Bionic Gear Bag and telling myself that I don't need it and that I would buy it once I've completed a few other projects first. Hmph. That lasted a whole five minutes.

So, now I have a question about one of my newest acquisitions:

How much really fits in the BGB? I know it can fit quite a few sewing notions, and I do plan on making one for that purpose, but what about drawing/art supplies? I like colouring, it really helps my anxiety, and I'm wondering if this bag will fit 100 coloured pencils, along with 100 markers (the skinny ones), and maybe a handful of pens and regular pencils as well. But I also know that 200 of anything is a lot, so would that be asking too much of the poor thing? I guess I could make one that's a little bigger once I really figure out the pattern, but I'm wondering if they may just fit as is.

Thanks!!
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bionic Gear Bag Size

How much really fits in the BGB? ... Lots and lots... Think Mary Poppins bag ...
    Christine.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think maybe 100 colored pencils and 100 markers and a box of 8 Jumbo crayons (for little bitty hands) may be a wee bit much on the BGB. They do hold a lot though. Grab one of the Giant's shirts and cut it up for a test run.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If I used one of the Giant's shirts to make a bag, I think I could fit Mary Poppins herself in it! lol I do have some odds and ends of fabrics though that are just funky colours or totally not from this generation (flea market/estate sale finds) that I will probably use for a test run. Plus I want to make one to put all of my sewing gear in to keep it away from the furballs, so I may just try to stuff that one to the gills and see how many colouring thingamabobs I can fit in there and still zip it closed.
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made the smaller Sew Together bag for my grandkids to put art supplies in. I didn't put in 200 of anything, but several decent size sets of pencils and markers, plus erasers, pencil sharpener, tiny stapler, small note pads. I imagine you could put enough of your art supplies in to carry on a road trip into a bionic bag, but maybe not the entire art studio! Give it a try!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	118988this is what I could fit into mine

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

*cough* You're Welcome! *cough* We are friends so you may call me Helpy.

I haven't made the Bionic Bag yet so I'm no help......except at spending your money!

So what kind of coloring do you like to do? Do you draw your own designs?

BTW.........glad to see you here!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It just might work. I only really want to fit my coloured pencils, markers (skinny ones, about the same size as the pencils) and a sharpener, maybe some other random pens and such. Nothing too major, except 100 each of the coloured pencils and markers. I need lots of colours to choose from, okay? lol

I actually colour in children's colouring books, the one I have now is Disney princesses lol It's okay, you can laugh, I got plenty of laughs from the nurses in Toronto! But it helps me just have something else to focus on instead of the baddun's that can sometimes creep in. I've never attempted one of the adult colouring books that are now so popular, but I am looking at buying one that comes out later this month, Lost Ocean I think it's called? It's by the same lady who put out the Secret Garden one and Enchanted Forest (I think that's what they're called). I just like that it's a lot of little bits and pieces to colour, and you don't have to worry about making sure Cindrella's dress is the right shade of blue. A few days ago I was trying out some new markers and picked out one that was called "Golden Yellow" and I thought it sounded perfect for Rapunzel's hair.... It's orange! Oh, the horrors! Okay, so maybe it's not THAT bad, but I do actually try to make sure that I'm not giving Snow White a pink dress or something equally crazy...

Look, you guys already know I'm weird, okay! Don't look so shocked!
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and just in case anyone isn't familiar with the name "Helpy Helperton":

*Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Weird...not so much........you just fit in perfectly with the rest of us.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?