Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gifts from a little birdie

Hello all! No quilty things to show and tell just yet, but I do have to show a few gifts from a special little forum birdie. She had heard that I was buying some Minnie Mouse Vans, and had purchased the NCW pattern to make a wallet to go along with my new shoes, as a girls shoes should match her purse (or so they say). So she sent me some wonderful Minnie and Mickey fabric to start me off, along with an adorable mug rug (that will become a candle mat instead as it is much too cute to be soiled with food!) and an embroidered Minnie on a bit of fabric to use for my new purse or wallet, wherever it fits best Now I did receive these goodies quite a while ago and am just now getting to post them, but I did thank my lovely little birdie when they were received, as they showed up at just the perfect time when I was feeling a little blue and it seemed like the appliances of the house were beginning to turn against me. Funny how our friends just know sometimes!

So here are my goodies, along with my cute Vans, which I think will match just perfectly! And yes, they are big, they're a men's size 10. Momma always said I had good understanding...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0038.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	118980

Name:	DSC_0039.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	204.2 KB 
ID:	118981

Name:	DSC_0040.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	118982

Name:	DSC_0041.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	118983

Name:	DSC_0046.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	118984

Oh, and the "floating" tail in one of the pictures belongs to my calico, Tinkerbelle. Whenever the camera appears, she believes it is time for her photoshoot. And if you tell her it's not, she gives you this face:

Name:	DSC_0030.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	118985
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gifts from a little birdie

Your forum friend was a very generous heart what a nice surprise!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Loving on the Tinkerbell look!!

Meaning absolutely NO disrespect to our beloved friends, but someone sent me this today:

Name:	Micky and Minnie.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	118986

Forum friends are somehow kinda special.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Loving on the Tinkerbell look!!

Meaning absolutely NO disrespect to our beloved friends, but someone sent me this today:

Name:	Micky and Minnie.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	118986

Forum friends are somehow kinda special.
    Maybe it's just me, but I think our Minnie has had a little work done... And Mickey has purchased shares in Just For Men!
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome Vans! And adorable, sweet gift. You will have fun with that fabric, I know. As for the Tinkerbelle stink face, I am very familiar with that attitude. Actually, I should say catitude.

My kitty loves to lay against the machine when I'm sewing. And doesn't like it if I want him to move.

Name:	sewing catitude.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	118987

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    Awesome Vans! And adorable, sweet gift. You will have fun with that fabric, I know. As for the Tinkerbelle stink face, I am very familiar with that attitude. Actually, I should say catitude.

My kitty loves to lay against the machine when I'm sewing. And doesn't like it if I want him to move.

Name:	sewing catitude.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	118987
    How cute! He's a lot like my big girl, Boots. I had to put a bed in my sewing room for her or else she lays on my ironing board! Not the safest of places... lol
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Musical_Starling View Post
    How cute! He's a lot like my big girl, Boots. I had to put a bed in my sewing room for her or else she lays on my ironing board! Not the safest of places... lol
    Dee, LOL to ironing safety! My Mink once jumped up on the ironing board when I was trying to straighten out a drapery panel for pressing and I didn't see him there. So I put the panel down on top of him. Chaos ensued. The only casualty was my Rowenta iron. Broke the handle. But it was such a terrible experience for Mink that he has never again jumped up on the ironing board. Implosion conditioning, I guess.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Midge View Post
    Dee, LOL to ironing safety! My Mink once jumped up on the ironing board when I was trying to straighten out a drapery panel for pressing and I didn't see him there. So I put the panel down on top of him. Chaos ensued. The only casualty was my Rowenta iron. Broke the handle. But it was such a terrible experience for Mink that he has never again jumped up on the ironing board. Implosion conditioning, I guess.
    Oh no! Poor little Mink, thankfully he escaped unscathed but he was about three seconds away from finding out why the ironing board makes a horrible bed, and it would have been a lot worse than just being covered with a drapery panel! Ouchie!
    *Dee*
    Believe
    There Is
    Good In The World