Post Thanks / Like

Default another rainy Monday Morning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download (2).jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	118682

Happy Monday

Last evening I was hoping against hope and the very overcast, rainy skies to see the Lunar Eclipse and Blood Moon. It wasn't in the stars for me. Oh well, I can watch it online in a bit and see just what I missed. I am a sky watcher from way back. Remember being a child and lying on your back in the summer grass to watch clouds? And then in the evening, try to find the constellations? I've lived on the West Coast and the East Coast and enjoyed the celestial show in both places. Sort of like the beach - each coast has a different perspective. But sky watching anywhere is always great entertainment for me.

This past weekend was just as soggy as the rest of the past week. More of the same this week. It's just that time of year. It's good weather for chili, corn bread, hot cocoa - in general comfort foods and drink. It's wonderful to have the windows open and the a/c finally off. Also great weather for a nap if you can get one.

I did a wee bit of stitching yesterday; today I may get out and visit with DD. I also need to run to the grocery. So, what a big day for me - what about you??

Blessings to all, prayers for those who are in need and smiles all around.

Name:	9a05d7e9220c654eeafa5ab55e29cc23.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	118683
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: another rainy Monday Morning

Good morning Blondie. I only saw a little of the eclipse but Les said it got quite cloudy so he did not see much of it either.

I was away for a few days, spending time at Jodi and Phil's. Did some running around with Jodi and now she has an appointment booked to take a road test for her driver's license. I was back home on Saturday. Hubby has been moving furniture around. GEEZ!! Yesterday we were at an auction sale and he bought an old rocking chair, it is quite lovely, but now he doesn't know where he will put it. It is amazing what people will pay lots of $$$$$ for and so little $$ for other things. A beautiful hutch went for $45 and yet a recliner chair went for $250. I bought an old canning jar that I want to put small things in from my sewing room. Maybe wooden spools or buttons.

Today I work until 6. I have the two quilts I sandwiched to give back. She is going to quilt those. I need to figure out what I am going to take with me to the retreat on Friday. I work tomorrow until 1 and hoping I can get a hair cut in there somewhere.

I forgot to add the surgeon's office called on Friday so today I need to contact them. Will let you know what is happening.

Well, have a great day everyone. I hope you all made it home safely from the retreat. I think Nancy should be home today sometime.
    Last edited by Monique; September 28th, 2015 at 07:21 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning,

It was too cloudy here to see the moon when I was out, last night.

Had a great week-end. We have new neighbors and she wants to make curtains for her living room and doesn't know much about sewing. We only had a couple of small 'ooopsies', she learned to use a seam ripper. We managed to get part of them made this week-end. She's already talking about making a quilt

I managed to get a quilt top put together while I was teaching her to make curtains, all I need to do is put the borders on.

Well need to get ready for work. Have a wonderful day!

Name:	nice_words.jpg 
Views:	785 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	118687
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

4. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm on the bus heading home from my weekend with Pope Francis. I was in charge of a bus load of 50 people so it has been very stressful. We didn't lose anyone, and we all saw the Pope, so a successful trip was had. Will be home in about 16 hours.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	118688

Can't wait to get home and catch up with the forum happenings, especially the retreat shenanigans!
    Robin
    My Pinterest Page of the Quilts I've Made: http://www.pinterest.com/rwmomto3/quilts-ive-made/

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone,

The moon hid behind huge black clouds and we weren't able to see the eclipse last night.

I hope to get the laundry and some sewing done today.

I hope our troops have/had safe travel back home.

Have a great day everyone!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Robin, so glad your trip was successful...DH and I have been keeping tabs on the Pope from here... What a special person he is.. just what we needed! An inspiration to us all to be aware of the things that "matter", the simple things and how important it is to live in the image of God. Be safe and get some rest when you get back... GB(Barbara Johnson)
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning. Cloudy here this morning but luckily last night the clouds held off so that we were able to see the eclipse.

We had a busy weekend but not enough sewing as I would have liked to have had but I did get some in.

And so now we are off to start another week. I hope everyone has a good Monday and a good start to the week.

See you later.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all! I'm back from the retreat and had a GREAT time. I met so many amazing people and learned a lot of new tricks and techniques. If you have a chance to go next year, definitely try to make it. It is so worth it! Plus I got quite a bit of sewing done. I completed a falling charms baby quilt top. And got all the blocks done for a curved log cabin, I still need square them up and put it together.

I did get to see the eclipse last night, it was a clear night here so we had a great view. I didn't stay up to watch the whole thing, but I saw the first half.

I'm back at work and not happy about it. My 21 year old daughter went to the retreat with me and she had a great time too. She made the comment at one point that she wished she could sew all the time! Me too, I think I'm having withdrawal from my machine

Hope everyone has a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Blondie and All!

VERY dark and overcast here, I am sooooo hoping we get some rain out of the Gulf moisture coming in. We surely need it! Begging for it is more like it, lol! Hubs and I went out and watched the Eclipse, but didn't stay up to see the finish. Considering the next time it'll come around, we thought we'd enjoy! Back to the sewing today and tomorrow, along with the normal chores of life. And if it rains, get to watch it as I sew! Shirley, ewwww, sounds like possibly another devotee! Cool! Sounds a though the Retreat was great fun for everyone that attended. Hope all goes well in everyone's world this week, Hugs and Blessings to all, especially those that need them!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all overslept this am, luckily the sweet little girl who has been walking Petey Pup has door combo so all is well was up till 3:30 this morning cutting out fabric for my moms humanitarian quilt. Hope all have a great day. Cecelia