Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday Greetings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	118464

I thought I would start the morning thread before I dash off to get ready for the day. Unlike our Blondie I don't drink coffee but I do enjoy an occasional cup of tea.

Can't you just tell what a great time they are already having at the retreat? Did you see that table of door prizes and all the goodies in the kitchen!! Wishing everyone there a wonderful time and remember to take lots of pictures and try to give us names of our forum friends. I think Kensington is the one with the Minnie Mouse ears....cute! Bob, behave yourself! Jean, I see you're is good form!!

Yesterday was officially the first day of Fall and we're having glorious weather so far. Jeff is starting to get some relief from his poison oak after the shot and the prescription. So far what little I got is not spreading and Benadryl Gel is taking care of the itching.

Wishing everyone a fantastic Thursday with Hugs.
    Last edited by Bubby; September 24th, 2015 at 06:54 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday Greetings

Good Morning, all!

I slept all day yesterday! I didn't wake up until nearly pm. It has been a while since I sle[pt that well. I was off last night, so was up by 4 this am. The dogs have been walked, and the coffee is hot. Speaking of, we are having a cool front today too! Yep, it's not going to go above 89 degrees the weatherman says! Fall is in the air....

I have got to get serious about finishing up my two baby quilts. The tops are done, just need to piece the back of one and get them starched and sandwiched. This is definitely where I quit enjoying quilting. Sure wish I could afford to send everything to M* to be professionally quilted.

Thinking of all the fun going on at M* today - maybe someday I will get there!

Keeping Sandy and family and all in need in my prayers today...

Hope everyone has a Blessed Day
    Donna

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Barb, glad hubby is getting some relief from his poison oak and happy yours isn't too bad. We had some poison ivy in our yard for a couple years and it seemed like all I had to do was walk near it and I'd get infected again. Hubby finally got it all out but it took a while.

Sure does look like a lot of fun times happening in Hamilton. I hope to get there someday.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Glad there is some relief from the Poisen Ivy for your hubby. Mine gets it just by looking at it. My son and I have to deal with it as neither of us get it. Thankfully we had none this year.
    Looks like a wonderful time is being had at the retreat!
    Work today and maybe back to my Christmas runner for the swap when I get home. Woke up with a mini migraine but I think I was able to squash it thanks to some meds and sitting on the porch in the cool darkness this morning. If I think to hard I can feel its remnants but should be good for the day.
    Hugs to all in need and don't forget pics those at the retreat so we can all drool!
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning folks
    We've been having beautiful weather here all week - sunny and warm (not hot)! Very nice.
    I have all these ideas swirling in my head for the upcoming artisan fair (Dec.) - now I just need to get down to business. I decided last night that I will make two small things every day (not necessarily weekends). TWO - I can handle two. The exception would be if I make one larger item on a given day. Today I shall either make two microwave potholders or two mug rugs...
    I've also decided that I will try to get a lap quilt done up for the library raffle (not today ) - I have a pattern idea in that very crowded brain so I'm going to print out some graph paper today and see what happens when I try to get what's inside down on paper!!
    In other news, we're thinking we may have to get a fridge lock - ugh. For the first year and a half that my FIL was here, he would never open the fridge or cabinets when anyone was in the room, and only rarely would go in them at night. Now, he is in and out of the fridge a good part of the night after everyone has gone to bed. Usually it's when he has forgotten he has had dinner and is fending for himself. It's not the food, there is really nothing 'unhealthy' in there... The issue comes when I can hear him shuffling in and out of his room 20 times... ahhhh... life is an adventure!
    I hope everyone has a fabulous day filled with quilty things

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Yesterday afternoon was spent washing quilts. We are getting ready to tear down the old farmhouse where DH and I lived from 1972 to 1996 when we moved in with my MIL to assist her. When we moved, about all we could bring was our clothes and some personal items (it's a long, sad story that I won't go into here). Over the years we gave furniture and other items to our son. Yesterday, DH went through the house one more time and found a plastic bag containing 5 quilts. There was a tulip quilt that I'd bought at an auction years ago, a pinwheel quilt made by my mom, a Parasol Ladies quilt made by my MIL and two scrap quilts. They're all nice and clean now.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Not much here. Got a few groceries yesterday and went out for breakfast. I DID buy that little sewing machine after all. $20, runs like a charm. I will get pictures today, I promise. I sandwiched a zig zag Christmas table runner yesterday as well.

I may go to Phil and Jodi's today. I have a few things to take to them, the girls have no school tomorrow. Good time for a little trip, as next week is busy.

Have a great day friends.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!