Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

And quite a bit of quilting updates.

OK, Sophie picked a different item this morning and was a little confused that not every time she picks a paper means her quilt day. The top is done on a new project just need to sammich, hand quilt and bind.

I'm a bit relieved she didn't pick hers today I just didn't have it in me. It's not so much the snowballs it's the fact that all the pieces have to stay together. So it's a lot of thinking and time.

Ok ladies, don't laugh.
    You're laughing already (sigh). So Sophie decided that she didn't want to be a flamingo or a cowboy or a ladybug anymore for Halloween. Her and her daddy are going to dress up as zombies... yes from walking dead show and I'm going to be the character Michonne. Since I don't have dreds I'm going to wear my cloak like wool jacket and make the head band like she wears. I'm looking forward to being a bad ass kitana (sword) wielding zombie fighter. I think this idea is going to stay with sophie, she does a very good zombie impression.

So that is the news for now. Was so busy sewing I forgot it was Tuesday and a new thread is waited on!!! *sorry!*
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

I am only going to be able to contribute to the sillies for a while - machine in ER, off to Hamilton in the morning. May have pictures later today of the PICU/NICU quilts and the pillow cases I'm taking with me. So everyone have fun without me. I'll peek in when I can.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, all, just about done with all my painting projects (trim, doorways and doors) so I can get back to some quilting projects. Did make a sweet little table runner with the zig zag pattern from a charm pack I ordered in spring. Guess better late that never, eh?

Amy, you made me laugh when I read about your serger addiction. I LOVE my serger and it does save lots of time. So happy Maggie is giving you a good time.

For those fortunate enough to be on the retreat this week: ENJOY, and don't forget all of us virtual attendees. lol

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I've read a couple your previous Work in Progress posts, but I usually don't get to the thread until it already has several pages filled. I have already received more than a fair share of free laughs, and I look forward to those that are forthcoming.

A friend and I begin the 3rd Saturday of each month with a sampler group at a local quilt shop. After lunch, we usually put in a couple of hours of fabric shopping. On our most recent trip, she started counting her works in progress. She expressed concern after she counted seven projects, two of which have fabric purchased but are not actually started. I put on a sympathetic face and patted her on the shoulder while reassuring her that her sewing room was no where near being out of control. I didn't share my count with her because I did not want her head to explode, especially since she was the one driving.

Needless to say, I find great comfort to read about plans devised to get stuff to the "finished" state. More essentially, I find comfort in knowing that I am not the only person who looks at the numerous projects hidden behind the door and realizes a plan may be necessary to get them finished.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Claire--aren't those your blocks on Bonnie' s blog this morning?
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angelia View Post
    You are kidding -- I'll have to go look!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

omgosh omgosh omgosh I think they are!!!!!
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angelia View Post
    They certainly look like Claire's.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire OneStitchAtATime View Post
    You are kidding -- I'll have to go look!
    Oh my, they *are*! I'm blushing. She said she liked them but I thought she was being polite!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! They are really pretty.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com