Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 9/22/15 Work in Progress!! Free laughs and friendship!

Beautiful!! I love the grey and yellows too...

going to bed "early" instead of working on the dress tonight. It is a holiday on Thursday (Kurban Ait or Eid of Abraham) so we will not have school.... I am very much looking forward to a relaxing day, and I'm hoping my son is feeling better ASAP. Poor little dude, his is sleeping, but not very soundly, and is dealing with the fever breaking / chills/ sweats on and off, so I'd better get some rest while I can.

I want to applique something to my daughter's dress... so hopefully I'll have enough of it done tomorrow night that I can take a picture and tell you all my great ideas :-) so you can help me make a decision, because I am incapable of making decisions!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
    I've read a couple your previous Work in Progress posts, but I usually don't get to the thread until it already has several pages filled. I have already received more than a fair share of free laughs, and I look forward to those that are forthcoming.
    Welcome! You can jump in any time... as long as you're willing to put up with all the nutty squirrels, at least it seems to me so far that they don't bite... well they might bite each other, but they've always been nice to me!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to you Claire, beautiful blocks. I knew you would have a ball.
    I am jealous of the lady with only 7 projects, I am taking more than that to retreat [not M*QC] to work on. It is easy to sew while there but I have trouble when it comes to putting something on a design board and sewing into rows. I take days sometimes to arrange rows. One project is a quatrefoil and I can at least get my sashing on it. I will be swamped with stuff to finish when I get home. It will be beautiful even though not Missouri, the retreat center is on a lake so has lovely views while we sew.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angelia View Post
    Claire--aren't those your blocks on Bonnie' s blog this morning?
    Yay!
    ClaireO is famous!! I'm going to sit next to you on the bus and maybe some of it will rub off on me. If not well I'll just be a nuisance anyway.
    And count me as another super introvert. I'm good one on one, but having to be "on" for the public or even a larger group of friends is exhausting. I can even excel in high pressure situations, but if I don't get daily solitude to sort myself out I am a bear!!
    I work way harder here on the farm than I even did in my career, and put in twice the hours, but am much happier not having to be on unless it's for something I'm interested in.
    I forget who said it on the other thread, but us introverts know a lot about a few things and it's those rare times that I can be chatty chatty.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
    Welcome! You can jump in any time... as long as you're willing to put up with all the nutty squirrels, at least it seems to me so far that they don't bite... well they might bite each other, but they've always been nice to me!
    Well, we don't bite right off the bat anyway...
    (besides Carrie that is!)

Welcome Splinter!!
    I'm not even going to confess to my WIPs....
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No they just mud wrestle
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amy R View Post
    No they just mud wrestle
    So I was going to post a picture of a fat lady mud wrestling and did a search on Google. I am way too embarrassed to post anything. REDFACED.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Sandy. Be careful what you google.
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^^..Name:  laughin.gif
Views: 174
Size:  5.7 KB

I cannot tell you how many times I've just been googling something totally innocent and had to slam the top down on the computer because kiddo's sitting next to me...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, before I spewed coffee all over my laptop what I was going to post was that I just put in what is *hopefully the last batch of apple butter for this season. Of course in about two weeks I'll look at the trees and think..I need to pick again.
    Then it's "What do I do with all these apples??"
    Wash, rinse repeat.....

Because you know..... 10 some five gallon buckets thus far are not enough...*sigh*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, check it out! I'm away from the forum for a few hours and Claire becomes a celebrity! How cool is that!

Hi Splinter......welcome.

After reading the thread about quilting items we don't use..........I'm thinking our Nutty Acres busload that is heading to Sandy's to help her pack should rethink the plan. Instead of packing boxes to go to her new place......we would be helping her more if we each pack a box or two of quilting stuff to send to each of our houses! What do you'll think? I'm just trying to be helpful!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?