Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What have you purchased that you never use or would never buy again?

Sure Lori. I have a dead rosebush........

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What have you purchased that you never use or would never buy again?

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyknot View Post
    I think Lorie might come out ahead on that one!
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shirleyknot View Post
    I'll take it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnie View Post
    I think Lorie might come out ahead on that one!
    I think so too. lol

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, this thorny mess is a little hard to handle.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Tons of books and magazines that I've never made anything out of. I've got several things marked that I liked and wanted to make but never have the chance - I always find something better here or at the local quilt shop. I can't seem to make myself get rid of them though. Also have lots of fabric I'll probably never use.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Worst purchase so far: a 12" square up ruler from Quilt in a Day. I can't stand it, and replaced it with one from Omnigrid. Second worst purchase: a quilting hoop. It was just too bulky and awkward...and I discovered hand quilting is not for me.

Favorites: Love my machingers gloves, the Stripology ruler, and my rulers from M*. I've only used the binding tool once, but it worked perfectly.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I am probably the only quilter in the world who doesn't like the blocloc ruler for squaring up hsts. I purchased the 6" version and never use it, because I am pressing my seam allowances open. When I tried to press them to one side and used the ruler it seemed to be very slippery... I will probably never use it again.
    If anyone wants to have it please send me a message
    Find me on Instagram @auntie_uli

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No, you aren't alone. I disliked the Bloc Loc, I don't like the June Tailor Strip Ones that most find popular. I'd bought some and I finally found some friends that wanted them. Otherwise, it was the trash can.

I bought an Accuquilt and that solved 99% of the cutting problems for what I do. By the time you buy all the extras, you can save enough for a Go Baby.

9. Thanks Auntie Uli thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    Can I trade my husband?
    I also agree that you would get the better deal with the dead rose bush..........but the shipping for you would be very costly!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    I also agree that you would get the better deal with the dead rose bush..........but the shipping for you would be very costly!
    Yeah, Lorie would have to find a large crate and take you know who by the Vet to get tranquilized for the plane ride.
    Vonnie