Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesdays - a day to appreciate

Aren't you just the person to have around, Blondie! Good coffee, chocolate at the ready.... what a caring soul!

I am officially working on the NoRain dance--anyone wanting to join in, because Daytona is looking mighty rainy for a weekend trip.

Ladies... fess up--- Quilt stores around Daytona, down to Kennedy Space Center and then over to Tarpon Springs before heading back up 95 to Virginia... Speak now! If it rains, I can convince the driver to Shop!!!

I will have a bunch of hexies.. .. well, actually honeycombs are the shape I am doing... so that, a nicely charged Nook, some Jimmy Buffet on the iPod and we are ready for some sunshine... last gasp before really having to dig in and get serious about work at Christmas time...

Have a FANTASTIC retreat!!!
    ...Trish

(I'm sarcastic. Breathe deeply, then laugh...)

my blog-- http://www.aliaslaceygreen.com my photos --- http://www.rteest42.com

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Lori, if you haven't yet, try washing the crooked flannel. Sometimes it gets pulled funny on the bolt, and washing it allows it to return to a more "natural" state. Sharon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, glad your mom is ok and the hunter should be ok. I can't imagine the heartstopping moments trying to figure out what was going on.

Rhonda, saying some extra prayers for you.

Barb, hope you and Jeff find some relief soon.
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got the prayers going today for sure. Lots of warm hugs and fuzzies going out, too. You know when you need them - so they are definitely coming your way!!!!

Coffee - when I was about 22-23 years old I worked for Pearl Brewery as a laboratory technician. We didn't have coffee breaks, but we were allowed beer breaks, and I had access to BEER. However, if I had a beer every time I needed to 'wet my whistle' I wouldn't be able to do my job. Growing up there wasn't much coffee in the house. Mom abhorred coffee - said her mom used to mix it with castor oil for 'what ailed them'. Dad loved his instant coffee and would make it with hot tap water - truly NOT a connoisseur!! I had never developed the taste. But, something had to be available instead of beer so I bought a coffee pot and set it up in my lab space. And I drank coffee. And more coffee. And even when I didn't need it I would have a cup of coffee. It got to the point that my heart was racing and, at such a young age, I knew I was going to die. After all, 15-20 cups of coffee a day can do that to you . . . I don't know who pointed out the effects of too much caffeine, but I managed to cut back on my consumption. And, while I still have to have my wake-up coffee and quite often will order it if we have dinner out, my current thirst quencher is UNsweetened iced tea. Did you know that tea ranks a bit higher with caffeine than coffee? That should explain a few things.

Packing things up for the retreat trip. I am so anxious to see everyone!! The forum members who can't make it will be there in my heart and mind and we won't forget you. In fact, I'm willing to bet your names will be bandied about quite frequently.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning, everyone. For those going to the forum retreat.......have a great time & a safe trip. Don't forget to take plenty of pictures!

Rhonda.....will definitely be praying for your daughter and for you too. Hugs to you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Up and at em this AM. All packed except last minute do dads. Then I will supervise as DH loads the granny van. Shortly after I will hit the road for the not so bad drive. Between the excitement, exhaustion, and prednisone...I didn't go to sleep til after 4, bbut am raring to face the day, and week.
    I am the 'big' coffee drinker of my mom and dads girls. I cannot function with out my first couple of cups.
    Glad the hunter was not injured any more than that. Prayers indeed were answered.
    Rhonda, prayers for your DD as well as you.
    Bubby, I feel for you and Jeff...my oldest GD is so allergic to PI. It is absolutely miserable.
    Off to get it in gear, so I can get out of here. Hugs and blessings to all. Prayers for those in need.
    (I am so excited I can barely contain myself.)
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! As a little girl, I would wake up to the smell of Dad's freshly perked coffee. Still love the smell of it.

Working on packing up for the retreat. I've a couple more things to cut then will start packing the van.

Prayers and hugs to those who need them.

Have a beautiful day everyone

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Rhonda, keeping you and your daughter in my prayers.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning....bit of a late start for me today. I just did not want to get up! My Mollie kept snoozing and snoring beside me and that always puts me to sleep! Finally draaaaagged myself out, and here I am!
    Oh my goodness so many things going on here today! Prayers for you Rhonda and all that's going on there. Barb, poison ivy?? So sorry to hear this, and I really hope it clears up fast. Not good. Not good at all. Blondie, prayers answered. Like we knew they would be! What a blessing it was for the ER guys to have you there! I betcha some wives heard about you! Quilty sisters heading to the retreat: I am SO with you in my heart! Someday, this is on my bucket list. Have a wonderful time, post lots of pics, hug Jenny for me!

Laundry to fold, vacuum to run, dishes to wash. Gotta get this day started! Hugs and Prayers all 'round. Please reach out and grab 'em!
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

i hate to even post this here but just got a call. The hunter did not make it.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle