Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesdays - a day to appreciate

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coffee.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	163.1 KB 
ID:	118336

Hello Folksies,

I love me some good coffee. I make a good pot of coffee. I remember the very first time I actually fell in love with coffee. I had been driving with a friend all through the night to get to his parent's house in Southern Pines, NC from Columbia, S.C. It was a cool and rainy night, made cooler because he didn't have a heater in his mustang. When we arrived at his parent's lovely big house about 4 in the morning, he made me a cup of coffee with cream and sugar. I don't know what kind of coffee it was. Maybe it was instant, maybe perk'ed, most certainly not drip - or maybe it was because "he" was the one who handed it to me, all warm with smile on his lips. I fell in love at that moment. It has been a long love affair. Coffee has become a social event for me, even when I am all alone. There is always coffee ready for any family or visitors at the house or at the salon. Coffee has become a comfort food group to me. Everything goes well with coffee. It is the perfect after dinner drink. It is a civilized thing to do.

Last night was cool and rainy when the first ambulance arrived on The Hill. I heard that dreaded siren and of course, being concerned over who down this road was in need of that urgency, I went to the front door. It turned down my Mom's driveway. Wellsir, I grabbed my hoodie and got in my truck. Before I could get out of my drive, here came 2 more emergency vehicles - volunteer fire dept and rescue squad, countless trucks, police and I was stuck. No one would tell me anything, but I knew that Mom was okay. Whew! I found out fairly soon that a hunter Mom allows on the property each year had been injured.

Some of my precious forum members here were on FB and I went there to ask for prayer. Thank YOU guys. The man had fallen out of a deer stand and had some broken ribs and found out later (much later) that evening after he had been rescued and airlifted to the city hospital that one of his lungs had been punctured. We had lights blinking for hours after he had been rescued, even long after I went to bed. I made up a few pots of coffee, got out the styrofoam cups. I even had some choc chip blondies (I prefer them to choc chips cookies because they are quicker and talk about comfort food . . . ).

The last fella who walked to my door for a refill said, How do you make your coffee taste so good? With love, Sir. With love.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	personality.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	118337

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesdays - a day to appreciate

Blondie, I hope you got a little bit of sleep with all that excitement in your lane last night! I'm sure your visitors appreciated your hospitality. And I hope the injured hunter recovers soon from his injuries.

Today is the day I pack it all up and drag it up to Hamilton for the forum retreat. I have many, many goodies to share with the participants! Just hope it will all fit in the car and still leave room for a driver! I sewed the last "thing" last night at 9:30. Can't share more or the surprises will be revealed prematurely! I must say, it was a busy several weeks, but lots of creative fun was had by me! Hope our retreat participants enjoy themselves, and that I left room in the car for my suitcase! Pictures later this week! Can't wait to see all my forum buddies and of course, meet new friends!

Hope you all have a great day! See you in the funny papers! ( am I showing my age with that statement!)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Blondie it sounds like you had quite the night! I hope the hunter is going to be okay.

I've never developed a taste for coffee, but boy did my mom have a love affair with it. She drank it all the time, even on the hottest days of summer. If I need caffeine, I drink iced tea or soda. Although I do try to stay away from it, I indulge more often than I should. I do love the smell of coffee though.

I woke up this morning at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep, tossed and turned for about 30 minutes and finally decided to get up and moving. So, I've taken my shower and am ready for work. With my extra time I'm cutting fabric to take to the retreat...we leave tomorrow morning at 80! That's probably why I couldn't sleep, I'm too excited. I wonder what time I'll wake up tomorrow??

Anyway, as I'm cutting the fabric, it's flannel, I notice one particular piece of yardage is way off grain. I'm going to try to pull the corners and see if that helps. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow what a night Blondie. A couple years ago a childhood friend of my older siblings fell out of a deer stand and wasn't as lucky as the feller at your moms. He landed on his head. Lived 2 days on life support and they let him go. So tragic.
    I would like to say all is good here in KY but we have an appointment with my DD pediatric urologist after 13 years UTI free she has had 4 since april. I am mortified as to what is going on. She had her uriters reconstructed when she was 3 and no problems what so ever til now. Please prey. I am having major health issues myself but have decided to put them on the back burner til I know something about her. Losing my bus job has really made it difficult. I just want to sit in a corner and cry. Not a good time for me at all.
    Yall have a good week.
    Hugs from Ky
    Rhonda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RFREE View Post
    Wow what a night Blondie. A couple years ago a childhood friend of my older siblings fell out of a deer stand and wasn't as lucky as the feller at your moms. He landed on his head. Lived 2 days on life support and they let him go. So tragic.
    I would like to say all is good here in KY but we have an appointment with my DD pediatric urologist after 13 years UTI free she has had 4 since april. I am mortified as to what is going on. She had her uriters reconstructed when she was 3 and no problems what so ever til now. Please prey. I am having major health issues myself but have decided to put them on the back burner til I know something about her. Losing my bus job has really made it difficult. I just want to sit in a corner and cry. Not a good time for me at all.
    Yall have a good week.
    Hugs from Ky
    Rhonda
    Thinking of you, Sweetie, and offering prayers for you and your daughter!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning friends. Blondie, glad it all turned out well, the hunter is getting treated and nothing wrong with Momma.

Well, I did manage to get 4 windows painted yesterday. Today, because the weather is ideal, I will finish the two windows on the driveway side. I did get into my sewing room late in the day and sandwiched a table runner. Last night, I sewed the binding on the halloween table runner. Other than the painting, I don't know what else this day has in store.

Thinking of all of you going to the retreat. Drive safely everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Sewing Machine View Post
    Thinking of you, Sweetie, and offering prayers for you and your daughter!
    Morning Everyone,

Blondie I'm so glad the emergency vehicles weren't for your Mom. It must have given you a scare. Tree stand accidents are legendary around here. I hope the hunter gets better soon.

Jeff and I have poison ivy. This is my first time having it and it's not fun. Jeff's is far worse than mine at this point. We cut tree limbs down at the apartments Saturday and then took them to the dump and got rid of them.

Monique, you're such a worker! I guess you have to get ready for winter like we do.

Rhonda, I will be praying for your DDs appointment with the urologist and for you, too. I hadn't heard you lost your bus job...so sorry.

Wishing everyone a blessed day with hugs...Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning. Oh boy,Blondie, I'll bet seeing those lights flashing and heading into Mom's driveway sure did get your heart racing. Glad all is well with her and hope the hunter has a quick recovery.

Rhonda, prayers for you and your daughter. {{{{{hugs}}}}} For all of you heading to the retreat, have safe trips and a wonderful time. Maybe one of these years I'll be able to join you. In the meantime, I'll read about the fun and join in remotely from my sewing room.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!
    Rhonda, I'll be praying for you and your daughter.

Blondie, I'm glad you're mom is okay and the hunter was not more seriously hurt. You might need to keep the coffee pot on today. After all that excitement adrenaline wears off, you may crash and burn today.

Barb, I'm sorry about the poison ivy. I'm allergic too and avoid it whenever I can. It can get you even if it looks dead.

Monique, you'll have your house all prettied up for fall.

Jean and Lori, have a wonderful time at the retreat. If I lived a few hours closer, I'd join you.

Today, I'll be cutting 6" squares down to 5 1/2" squares to match the ones that I cut wrong yesterday. This little donation quilt will need a border added now, but I won't be wasting the fabric!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all

Blondie that had to give you quite a scare until you heard your mom was OK. Hoping the hunter has a full recovery.

Today I have a Dr's appointment and some errands to run. Don't know how much of my day they'll take up, depends on the wait in the Dr's office. I sure hope it has improved since my last one.

No sewing today, still working on the painting in the bedroom. Closet is painted and organizer installed( for a small closet boy it took all day), ceiling painted yesterday. Today starting in on the walls.

Hoping all have a fantastic time at the retreat! So wish I could be with you. Off to get my day in gear, wishing everyone a good one!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards