Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday, actually

Good morning folks

Its finally here. Today is birthday day for Aimee. The biggest day of the year for her!!! She gets so excited and plans for it all year. We have a pink and white polka dot theme this year, so she is happy.

Going this morning to get my nails done and start packing for the Forum. I did laundry yesterday and have been laying out all my quilting goodies so now I need to get it all together. All this plus, my bro and sil anniversary party, so it is going to be a busy, but exciting, weekend. We couldn't come up with a gift for the party so finally we found a local artisan who carves bowls out of blocks of wood. They are beautiful. Some of them are fabricated with 2 kinds of wood, some incorporate the bark from the trunk. They are quite incredible.

Prayers for you Monique, I'll give you a call. Others are also in my thoughts.
    Have a great weekend,
    Nan
    Grandma Nan

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

2. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

You are such a dear Blondie. My mom's been gone for almost 29 years and I still miss her so much everyday. She was so strong, I wish I had more of her strength just to cope with what the world throws at me.

I loaded the backing for my first 'Modern' quilt last night while DH watched another evening of mindless reruns. Sincerely hope the new TV season is worth sitting still for. Have all the measurements for the quilt top, now begins the 'how do I quilt thee, let me count the ways' conundrum. Had another encounter with the self-appointed local quilt police at the LQS earlier this week. I hope they know how much business they lose because of her opinions. Tends to make me question my decisions a little deeper, although it shouldn't. I do this for me, no one else. Repeat as needed. Soapbox forthcoming. She judges the 4H sewing and is way too critical on those young ones. Have to wonder if it puts them off from sewing in the long run. I've never really seen any of her work that was all that tremendous. Soapbox over.

Got substantial rains last night, although fast and furious. Cooler weather expected by tomorrow and really looking forward to it. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a better weekend.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know whether to send prayers, laugh and giggle, squirm and wiggle, send sympathy, encouragement or just get up and get another cup of coffee. One thing for sure, this thread definitely pulls on the emotions.

Okay - we have an offer on the table! Bout all I can say right now.

I'll be working on PICU/NICU quilts today - four down, four to go. And I have pillowcases cut - finished two yesterday and think I have four more waiting on the table. I can forget about trying to pack and where in the world I'm going to move . . . as long as I'm surrounded by fabric and thread!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having an exciting day. I'm attending my first Bernina mastery class for my new 560. I need to get off the computer and get on the road in 30 minutes. I don't know how bad the Houston traffic is at 90 and you never know what to expect. I bought my old Bernina used, so I never took a class. My daughter had the same machine, so she was a big help with it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Late morning hello!!! Up early for the painter whe wasn't here on time but I expected that!!!
    Got to my MD appt yesterday and received the pneumonia vaccine. My first of any kind since 1995 when I had such a horrible reaction the decision for no more was the better choice!!! So far all I have is a sore arm!!! So looking good. Waiting 30 days and then we go for the shingles vaccine. Flu will be the last one but that's the one that was so bad!!!

DH's finally in a better mood today. Last few days have been quite tense as he refused his meds and meals! So far today we got yogurt into him!! And he took his meds too!!! Yeah!!!

Hugs to you Monique. Elective procedures are better when you are prepared for them!!
    Sandy, fingers crossed for your offer!!
    Hope all have a wonderful weekend!!! Cooler weather is sooooo much better!!
    Last edited by irishrn; September 18th, 2015 at 10:55 AM.
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

7. Thanks Bubby thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone! As Monique mentioned, we had a very nice conversation last night. As a good friend she was checking in with me to see how everything was going so far since my cancer diagnosis. As she said I start chemo on Wednesday, the same day my brother in law, the deacon, will be doing the mass with the Pope in Washington, DC. I think that is a great sign. I am keeping a positive attitude. Have an awesome day everyone.

Kathy

9. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

ALL is good friends. I chose to have this done.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Panda View Post
    Good morning everyone! As Monique mentioned, we had a very nice conversation last night. As a good friend she was checking in with me to see how everything was going so far since my cancer diagnosis. As she said I start chemo on Wednesday, the same day my brother in law, the deacon, will be doing the mass with the Pope in Washington, DC. I think that is a great sign. I am keeping a positive attitude. Have an awesome day everyone.

Kathy
    You've got a prayer group holding hands around the world on this one!!! Comfort to you, please.

12. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Everyone. Very little sewing accomplished lately as I'm cleaning house getting ready for my DS to visit next week. He will be here for a long wk. end on the 25th. He'll be able to do some projects for us that DH no longer has the strength to do. I have a to-do list written out. I know we won't get everything done, so we'll prioritize the most impt. ones. I hope to spread fertilizer on the lawn today. Finally the temp. is below 80 deg. We're having the sprinkler system blown out in 2 wks. so I want to have ample time to water in the fertilizer. It's sunny & a cool 55 deg. this a.m. We're thankful for the cooler temps.

I hope everyone has a good week-end.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Monique View Post
    ALL is good friends. I chose to have this done.
    Do you recall Divine Daisy's post about taking her 'false boob' out and throwing it at a cat fight? When you spoke of this surgery that's the first thing that crossed my mind. I know, I'm bad!!