WIP 9/15/15 Those were the days, my friend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Claire OneStitchAtATime
    Missouri Star
    • May 2014

Re: WIP 9/15/15 Those were the days, my friend...

Nice to hear how everyone is doing. Amy, I'm on the one-seam-a-day model at the moment. And that's OK. It's a hobby. It's supposed to make you feel better!

Fran and Denise, I hope everything works out.

Comment

• Sandy Navas
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2010

Well, a decision had to be made - I guess I won't be sewing tomorrow either. Just had word that the showing on Monday is requesting another run-through. Hmmmm, don't think they like where my stairs are . . .
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Amy R
        Missouri Star
        • Jun 2014

When we asked for another run through of the house we put in an offer... hope that's what this means for you!!!
        sigpicQuilter since 2013.

Comment

• Angelia
          Missouri Star
          • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
          Well, a decision had to be made - I guess I won't be sewing tomorrow either. Just had word that the showing on Monday is requesting another run-through. Hmmmm, don't think they like where my stairs are . . .
          But they've got to LOVE the elevator, right?
          Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

• Amy R
            Missouri Star
            • Jun 2014

No way is it halfway through September?! Really? DH liked the curtains, and they actually do make the room look a lot more cozy. I do have a confession, I don't like them... I would rather have solid bright white but since he picked these out and loved the fabric so much what harm are they doing. Plus it was a ridiculous sale, less than 3.50 per yard.
            We switched around the living room (again) in preparation for cable tv installment Friday. The room is a lot better now. Wow, did we find a lot of toys and books that slipped underneath the furniture!

Today will probably be the other set of curtains. If not I'll let the boss pick a task again. The first item she picked yesterday was her sister's quilt but I had forgotten I never bought the red yardage I needed.
            I'm going to send my brother a link to the M* site so he can look at the team fabric designs there. I think it's probably the best price plus the quilter's points from what I've seen. His apartment should be set for Friday, and job starts Monday. He needs to get back to work and keep busy.

Comment

• Sonic
              Missouri Star
              • Sep 2014

So this seems to be my week for running around doing errands....
              I live a little rurally and went to a town yesterday in the opposite direction of the bigger town where I got the Slant 6 a few weeks back.

There were two small thrift stores and I went in to see if I could find an inexpensive table to cut up because the one slated for Molly won't work. It's got hardware underneath for the drop leaves and Molly is too heavy. A cabinet was on the radar too.
              SO here's what I ran across....

Shop One- had a very spindly sewing table with a Singer 401a in it. The table was pretty much trashed, but salvageable, but the spindly legs would be difficult to fix properly. The 401 (rocket looking design) was also in rough shaped. Fairly seized up and gummy...like someone used cooking oil on it for oil. Sticky icky, but nice options and otherwise in good shape. Some people LOVE the rocketeer machines.....$25 and the shop owner right off the bat said she's open to negotiate...

Shop Two- was like a mini Goodwill but had too high of prices for everything. Being run by an animal shelter organization and some of the prices were the same as new box store prices. Found a nicer, sturdier cabinet with drawers and a bigger work space and inside was a solid cast vintage White monster. Not a pretty machine, but simple and moved smoothly. Needed a new tire which runs the wheel instead of a belt, but that's all. Tons of sewing accessories, feet, button holer, and has the original book. $50 not negotiable.
              Neither place had a suitable table.

Hmmmm...which one do you think I came home with?
              Last edited by Sonic; September 16, 2015, 06:37 AM.
              Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....:icon_noob:

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2010

If you didn't spend the $50 I'm going to run up there and whap you upside the ear or sumptin!!

I do believe Molly deserves a special place.

Looking to see what Amy's task master decides for the day. I remember rearranging furniture and finding goodies - so much fun.

Angela - don't know if they like the elevator or not. We shall see. If we get an offer that just means you probably won't be seeing me around here for a while. There's so much sorting and shelling and packing that will have to be done!!
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• Carrie J
                  Missouri Star
                  • Aug 2014

Sitting here enjoying caffeine and laughing! Leah's gonna get her ears boxed right proper. Sandy is In the throes of "second look" syndrome. Which I never understood, being around construction all my formative years, it's easy for me to visualize the "possibilities"..... And don't like the stairs?!?!? ROFL, ya got an ELEVATOR! DER! Just don't confuse Leah and your potential buyer!!!

Amy, had to laugh at finding hidden treasures! Remember those days, now it's cat and dog toys here!
                  Alta and ClaireO, hope both of you have a much better day today.
                  Allie, those trips DO get longer, don't they? And have gotten to the age of not resting well unless I'm in my own bed. Before, I could fall asleep if propped upright in a corner, LOL!
                  Angelia, wow, just wow girl!
                  Fran, just enjoy the squirrel, just toss him some peanuts and he'll quiet down .
                  Leah, you bought the White.......otherwise Sandy has a looooong trip to make, LOL!

Off to do groceries, and then hunker down at the sewing machine, ah, pure bliss! Crockpot loaded, dessert done! Keeping fingers, toes, legs, eyes crossed for ya Sandy! May I have straight seams!
                  What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Comment

• pcbatiks
                    Missouri Star
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                    Shop One- had a very spindly sewing table with a Singer 401a in it. The table was pretty much trashed, but salvageable, but the spindly legs would be difficult to fix properly. The 401 (rocket looking design) was also in rough shaped. Fairly seized up and gummy...like someone used cooking oil on it for oil. Sticky icky, but nice options and otherwise in good shape. Some people LOVE the rocketeer machines.....$25 and the shop owner right off the bat said she's open to negotiate...

Shop Two- was like a mini Goodwill but had too high of prices for everything. Being run by an animal shelter organization and some of the prices were the same as new box store prices. Found a nicer, sturdier cabinet with drawers and a bigger work space and inside was a solid cast vintage White monster. Not a pretty machine, but simple and moved smoothly. Needed a new tire which runs the wheel instead of a belt, but that's all. Tons of sewing accessories, feet, button holer, and has the original book. $50 not negotiable.
                    Neither place had a suitable table.

Hmmmm...which one do you think I came home with?

Next week on Hoarders.............................
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

• Angelia
                      Missouri Star
                      • Dec 2013

I'm guessing both came home with you.
                      Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Comment

• Sylvia H
                        Missouri Star
                        • May 2014

Love reading this thread and seeing what everyone is doing.

My step granddaughter was thrilled with the snack mat, and so excited over making a quilt together. I showed her a pattern with cats - the cats' tails spiral just like the snail trail block. She loved it. She also loves snails - they have a little aquarium with 3 snails. So, we are also going to incorporate the snail trail block in her quilt. They will be coming down in a few weeks, so she and I can go through my stash and pick out fabric. It is so much fun working with someone who is so excited about the project!

Yesterday, I started going through my stash to get the right materials for a Hanukkah wall hanging. I have to finish that today and start cutting out the applique pieces. This will be my applique challenge for this year.
                        If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Amy R
                          Missouri Star
                          • Jun 2014

The project chosen today was "sophie's quilt" LOL I think she rigged it. I am doing a few here and there, then cutting the triangles which Sophie loves to play with and make shapes out of. I see a very small 1/2 sq triangle block project coming out of those tiny pieces (cause 288 snowballs isn't enough) lol. Pretty soon I may have to wear a I'm in Nutty Acres for life shirt.

Comment

• Meghan Plamondon
                            The Guild President
                            • Mar 2014

Angelia, good work on those 72 squares, its the prep time that can sometimes discourage us in quilting I find. But it has to be done, and done right. Also, if the buyerswant a scond look through the house, it means , at the least, that they liked it enough to want to see it again, and cn lead to a bid. Ill keep my fingers crosses for you.
                            Amy, if you have room, go for the $50, heck, most of us spend that much on the short teip to a fabric store when we werent meaning to buy anything!
                            As for me, I had to oversee repaires at our office all day and into the evening yesterday, so no sewing here. I do get a few seconds to work on the knitted baby blanket when I sit for a second. I also got to plant dozens and dozens of spring bulbs while at the office, since many of the repires removed the soil where many if my old bulbs where. No problem, it gives me a chance to pick new ones. I have a few more dozen bulbs to plant before Im done.

Comment

• Claire OneStitchAtATime
                              Missouri Star
                              • May 2014

Originally posted by pcbatiks View Post
                              Next week on Hoarders.............................
                              Cracking me up, Pam.

Sonic, the White sounds more up your alley. But I could understand both

Me? Little ol' me? I had lunch with a dear friend that I don't see too often these days, and it was near Sherwin Williams, so I got some paint chips; and ...er...near Joann's. What was a gal to do? So I bought a little fabric. I needed *some* of it, in my defense. And then there were a few quarter yards that jumped in the cart too.

Comment

• Iris Girl
                                Missouri Star
                                • Jan 2013

Hiya all! Been MIA lately sorry! Between working every weekend in Aug and then having to put my beloved Kitty down in early Sept. I have not been feeling like doing much. Everyones projects look wonderful! The cool weather and the fact that I took a few days off has got me back into sewing. Sewed some new Jams for my son, fixed hubbys work pants, made a cover for the tank top of the toilet to match the lid cover and started this cute runner for my new island /cart.004.jpg. Its not perfect but I love it. A bit tedious as the squares are only 2 inches. It needs a white border, then a fruit border then another white. I will back it with fruit and do a fold over binding.
                                Oh yeah made banana bread this morning.001.jpg2 loaves one for Hubby and I , one for the guys. As you can see my son found it right after they came out of the pan cut theirs in half and took a big bite. (what a barbarian). Now have dinner cooking Paprika chicken and red potatoes.
                                sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                                Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                                Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                                X