Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesdays - a day to appreciate

So very sorry for yours,Sarah's, and three communities loss. I know how hard it had hit. I too can attest to the comfort and love you feel when you are wrapped up in a COC quilt. You can literally feel the love that had gone on to one. Not much on my plate today.Had a rough night, and do not want a relapse right before the retreat. Taking the 2little ones to school soon. Hugs and prayers all around.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Marilyn... you stay "as down as you can"... that retreat wouldn't be the same without YOU.... take care GF..
    Off for my day of quilting with my "gals"... Best day of the week...)))))))))
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all. Blondie, so sorry for the loss of your and Sarah's friends. Big hugs to you both.

Weather is a bit on the cool side now at nights and early mornings but still warms up nicely during the. Won't be long and I will be cranking up the wood stove....if I can find someone to bring firewood. I do have some long branches around the place I can cut up with my electric chainsaw, but I can't use the big chainsaw. Things are hectic for me, trying to get everything winterized, while DH is recuperating. The arm is healing from the surgery but only 7% use of it at present. So he will not be able to do anything to help. But so much more to do. Some days I just feel overwhelmed.

Blondie I know how much the COC quilts can mean. I love the one I was sent after the loss of my MIL. The minute I put it over me I felt the comfort and love that I know was put in every stitch.

I have 50lbs each of flour, sugar, rice, oatmeal and cornmeal to vacuum seal and put in storage (after I freeze it for a week, which kills any little buggies that might be in it, and we all know they are there). Also need to mow lawn and do more outside. Had to drain the hot tub because it stopped working so now I need to clean it Still lots of other things to do outside also.
    Maybe at some point I can settle down and start sewing again.

Have a wonderful day and hugs and prayers to all.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

First Blondie I am so sorry for you and daughters loss. Judy hugs to you and your daughter. Marilyn take care of yourself. Tongue sticking out at you Sandy, I am so jealous. Hope you all have a wonderful time.
    I plan on getting back on COC today finally feeling almost human again. Had orginaaly hoped to get in mail last week hopefully in mail today or tomorrow at latest. Hope all have great day. Hugs and prayers to those who need them.

5. Thanks Cathy F thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for those words of inspiration, Blondie! Sometimes it's good to reassess our priorities! We have 5 grown sons and the middle one was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 15. It was a rough 3 years - and he still has the quilt I worked on while we spent so many hours and days in the hospital and in treatment centers. (I didn't piece it but I hand quilted it with a hoop so I could take it with me.) He is now 40, married, has 4 children and lives life with gusto! So - the quilt was a kind of solace for me and is a reminder to him of just how precious life is! I just started "real" quilting recently and plan to start on one for a friend who was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Thanks for the reminder of how meaningful this is!

Brenda
    Brenda.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for those words of inspiration, Blondie! Sometimes it's good to reassess our priorities! We have 5 grown sons and the middle one was diagnosed with leukemia when he was 15. It was a rough 3 years - and he still has the quilt I worked on while we spent so many hours and days in the hospital and in treatment centers. (I didn't piece it but I hand quilted it with a hoop so I could take it with me.) He is now 40, married, has 4 children and lives life with gusto! So - the quilt was a kind of solace for me and is a reminder to him of just how precious life is! I just started "real" quilting recently and plan to start on one for a friend who was recently diagnosed with ovarian cancer. Thanks for the reminder of how meaningful this is!
    Brenda.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, sending you and Sarah Warm Hugs. So very sorry, the world seems to have lost some very special souls once again.

Sandy, (interject raspberry sound amplified X's twenty ROFL!). Have a great time, like that's not a given! Marilyn, take care and don't rush it! Jen, sounds like you have a plan for the day. As Soon as this post is done, I'm at the cutting table this morning, the frame this afternoon!!!

Hugs to all, Blessings for those in need!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi folks, Bondie has once again reminded us to live every day to the fullest. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the unimportant. Live and enjoy as much as possible.
    We are back from a few relaxing days at the beach, nice to go, nice to get home. Cookie was thrilled to be back home from the vet's. She loves to go there, too. Happy, happy dog.
    I have missed my sewing room and plan on heading there when I put the computer away.
    I got a new magazine with two quilts I want to try, BHGardens Quilting I think, really good issue. I have ordered the new M*QC one and looking forward to it's arrival.
    I am headed to the Chattanooga show on Saturday with a bus full of guild members, have a shopping list started but I am sure that there will be sparkly things to catch my eye. I want to see a demo of the FMQ ruler foot and rulers, that may get all my spending money.
    Have a wonderful day all of you peeps, the best possible wishes to you all.