Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Juki 2010 Bobbin Issue

I am having a problem with my Juki 2010 on my SR2 frame. It will not bring up the bobbin thread. I have tried everything I can think of. It is brand new especially for this frame. I already own the Juki 2000 and have had no problems with it at all. I took my quilt off the frame and tried to bring the bobbin thread up and it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? The Juki 2010 is hooked up to a grace stitch regulator made for this machine.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juki 2010 Bobbin Issue

I have a Juki 2010Q on a SR2 frame also and a stitch regulator. I was about ready to scream. I got very little instructions with the stitch regulator and frame. (Blamed it on DH installation).
    The people at the Grace Company were so helpful. It took a couple of calls and a few pictures that I emailed to them and they were able to fix my problems. My problem was that I had the speed set on medium and they said it had to be set to the top speed (where the picture of the bunny is) ( who would have ever dreamed). There number is 1-800-264-0644. I would call them. I hope this helps you and your quilting soon.

3. Thanks Angela J thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the info. I didn't know about having it set to the top speed. If that doesn't work I will definitely call them. Thanks so much for the number also.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I changed the rabbit thingy and it still didn't work so I did call Grace. I wish I had the same nice experience but they just told me to call Juki because it wasn't their problem. I will do that but I wish I had purchased locally instead of online so at least there would have been a live technician in my city I could have come and take a look at it. Now it is just sitting there doing nothing. I do appreciate your help immensely and I will post my results when they happen. Thank you.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Angela, so sorry to hear about the issues you are having. I have a Brother PQ1500S on an SR2 frame. In experiencing issues with the frame/regulator etc...... I contacted The Grace Company. Much to my dismay,they were less than helpful, however in typing that, WHERE I bought the machine and frame......the Techs there were very responsive and helpful minimal issues solved thanks to them. I give full kudos to Ken's Sewing Machines, nada to the Grace Company. If you purchased a "deal" online, perhaps contacting the folks where you purchased , would be of better benefit to you. Hoping your issues are solved soon!

(Side note: the SR2 frame is an excellent frame, and works wonderfully for me. This was just a comment on how I had to handle certain issues. Relatively speaking, very small but frustrating bump in the road of life.....but easily handled by proper customer service. )
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

7. Thanks Angela J thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have always brought up the thread by turning the wheel. However, with this machine, I was told to hold the needle thread then hit the needle up/down button and it comes right up every time.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

9. Thanks Angela J thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it does that on my Juki 2000 just fine. I got an email from the vendor and he gave me three choices. Return the machine, see if a dealer in the next town will service it, or call him back to troubleshoot. The third option he thought would not be a good choice since it seemed I had done everything already he would tell me to check. I am calling the dealer tomorrow to see if I can bring it in.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It is on my 2010 that I do the needle up/down. Sorry that doesn't work for you.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I do the needle up and down also. The vendor technician emailed me to let me know to call if I failed to get it serviced. I love the frame and the setup. I even love my Juki machines. But someone has to have a problem and this time it is me. The service dealer they referred me to is actually in my hometown about 20 miles down the road from my house so it is actually quite close. If things work out I will end up with someone pretty close I can take my machines to if I have problems.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Success at last! At work last night I kept thinking about my bobbin issue and I had a light bulb moment. TMP told me about the rabbit thingy and I changed it but still couldn't pull up the bobbin thread. I decided to take a look inside. I took the top plate off and the bobbin out. Got my magnifying glass out and looked inside and up and there it was. All the top thread that had gathered in one spot in a tightly packed bunch. I took my tweezers and my thread nips and pulled it out one thread at a time a first then finally got the tight bunches out in three pieces. My bobbin thread had no where to come out! TMP it was the rabbit thingy but I had already packed it with thread trying to get it to work before then. I put everything back together, brought up my thread and sewed some test stitiches. I was so happy. I put the machine back on the frame and attached the sure-stitch regulator and was able to finally baste my quilt across the top. Yeah!! Thanks so much for all your help.