Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whats the cheapest good Quality Rotary Cutter Blade 10 Pack Refills?

Hi All

I am wondering if anyone out there knows of any inexpensive 45mm Rotary Cutter Blade 10 Pack refills online at the moment?

As OLFA, Fiskar etc. are quite expensive these days.

I am looking for a branded product that has great quality blades and comes in a 10 pack within a plastic container as I have grandchildren and really don't want them to hurt themselves with the blades as they are always running around my workshop.

If anyone can give advice that would help greatly.
    Thanks so much
    Regards
    Susan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Whats the cheapest good Quality Rotary Cutter Blade 10 Pack Refills?

Last edited by Monique; September 14th, 2015 at 04:10 PM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Whats the cheapest good Quality Rotary Cutter Blade 10 Pack Refills?

I get my Martelli blades at my local quilt shop. There a pretty decent price if I recall.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Olfa packs of 10 are about $20 on Amazon. I got some last week and they were packaged for Japan, but worked the same.
    Sheila

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say thankyou for the information! $1.99 for 2 blades at Harbor Freight! !! Who would have ever guessed!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vonnienjesus View Post
    Just wanted to say thankyou for the information! $1.99 for 2 blades at Harbor Freight! !! Who would have ever guessed!
    We have a Harbor Freight Store about 3 miles from our home....and I am in need of new rotary cutter blades. I am going to check this out. I can't imagine there would be too much of a difference...anyway, I am going to try them...I'm only going to lose $1.99 if they don't work.
    Not only does Harbor Freight have the rotary cutter blades...but several new quilters look for those "suction" ( they look like phone receivers ....most of them are lavender /white in color ) lifters at local sewing shops for $15-$20.....Harbor Freight has 3 different styles starting at $2.99 to $7.99.

Here's a photo of what I am talking about ( the suction lifter ) from Harbor Freight
    Suction Cup Lifter - Dual Cup Suction Cup Lifter

BTW.....I did find one of these suction holders on Amazon by Omni Grid for $8 ( but I have seen them in quilt shops for as high as $15-$20 )
    http://www.amazon.com/Omnigrid-Ruler.../dp/B003PA2852

Here's a smaller one from Harbor Freight for just $2.99
    http://www.harborfreight.com/4-1-2-h...cup-40993.html
    Last edited by redcaboose1717; September 14th, 2015 at 11:31 PM.

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

7. Thanks SallyO'Sews thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I think another trip to Harbor Freight is on the agenda. On my last visit I bought some small clamps to hold my quilt taught on the table while I spray wasted it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Have not yet tried the Harbor Freight blades, but FYI: this issue was discussed on this forum w/in the past year and some of the people that had tried them said they were not as sharp as the ones that fit Olfa/Fiskers. However, others still used them.

I, too, bought my last set on Amazon for a decent price.
    Blessings, DramaMama

"May your bobbin always be full!"

Massdrop Refer-A-Friend link:
    http://link.massdrop.com/54bd7c22291...of0ePjsfeAaf4b

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered my Olfa from JoAnns.
    I like it hat the blade slides back after releasing
    the handle.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a suction lifter to use with my longer rulers for $1.99 at the $.99 Only store. It is black and white (not pretty) but works well.