Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default wip 9/8/15 Just a spoon full of projects!

I know I'm not the only one getting a little overwhelmed with projects that want to be finished.

Let's see,
    *Birthday Surprise needs a little cornerstone attention after further review to avoid any batting issue.
    *Sophie's quilt. Dear, dear Sophie. 288 more snowballs, then piecing the blocks. 18 more blocks.
    *bedroom nautical curtains with blackout shade
    *finish up hand quilting on table runner, bind
    *cushion sleeves for new banquette

Let's leave it at that for now. There's a couple tops that could get done at some point.
    OH, forgot... 2 tablet sleeves. One walking dead for DH, not sure what I'll choose yet for mine.

Here's to another week of hopefully lots more stitches!!
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: wip 9/8/15 Just a spoon full of projects!

Definitely feeling overwhelmed with my Jinny Beyer 2015 BOM. I know that I need to challenge myself and stretch to grow but this weekend I felt like I had been pushed to the edge of frustration. 10 hours to make one 9.5" block is not in my comfort zone! Part of this months homework assignment was to frame the blocks out to 13.5" and remove the paper foundations, but I was so stressed I decided to put it aside and work on something fun

So I am gleefully cutting fabric for Jinny Beyers Echoes pattern done in a cool colorway of blue and purple batiks. I need to find the right fabrics and decide who goes where. I should have the fabric selection and placement worked out later today.

Please wish me luck in my pain management session #3 with the doctor today. I hope this attempt works better than the first two. Trying cortisone shoots directly into the nerve cluster this time. Ugh!
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sending good vibes to Denise. I am feeling your pain here lately. Sure hope you have some good results.

Amy - keep it up. Your list just keeps growing.

I find it strange that I have a list in my head but never get to anything on it unless I have a deadline and I try not to impose deadlines on myself. One thing I want to do today is measure my red and white strip quilt and get the batting and backing ready so my personal quilter will have something to play with.

My Li'l Sis was up yesterday with her Hummingbird Quilt and we soon discovered that the frame is just not wide enough for her top. Drats - she's going to be sending it out for quilting. Wish I had not sold the three foot extensions because we do have the room now where we could have used them. Day late and a dollar short - my luck.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Along the Illinois river-Central Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, dear... where to start.

DD wants a dozen table runners for Christmas.. I did promise to do them and have started going thru my stash. Found 6 possible ufo's that will work. And a bunch of fabric that I put away and forgot I had., ?? (how did that happen?) LOL.. I know, I know-- just a few weak moments with that DD and Shopping trips with DD#1 in Florida (2013) .

And to Quilt the Quatrefoil and stacking block quilt.. They are sandwiched and ready.. but I'm not. KWIM? Just not enough motivation for now .. I did finish GS's Binding tool Star quilt.. YEAH..... It is even labeled and washed.

Planning on going to the local Quilt show this month. 26 & 27 th. Just to get some inspiration going. I only have 12 project boxes filled and ready for my attention. One box is the vintage blocks from a great Aunt and Grandmother ( paternal) I really want to get it done so next year It can be entered into the vintage display.. fabric from the 20's.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

ouchie Denise, I hope you find relief really soon. i agree too, if you're not having fun just put it away! The BOM is stunning but it looks really really difficult!
    Looking forward to seeing the cool color way version.
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

After wilting away in the heat yesterday, I decided to straighten the sewing room. How did that mess get there??? I can't blame all of that on the cats even though they like to keep me company down there. Well I got as far as OH WHERE TO START, so I grabbed my measuring tape and went to measure some bowls for microwave bowl holders. That's a small doable project, right?

Today I am totally going to set up one of my tables to park the extra (tongue in cheek) machines. Also see if I can make a couple bowl holders with the little brown and tan White machine that I got from the garage sale. Found a manual for it online and going to oil her and give it a spin.

Wish me luck. Eeeekk, the squirrels are coming.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad I am not the only one feeling overwhelmed seems everyone wants something right now and I am doing to much. I have two baby quilts that I am finishing putting together then I will have four to baste together and quilt. I have out my leaders and enders that will end up a king sized single irish chain. My sisters quilt seven of 12 blocks done for another king sized quilt. I have started cutting up the squares for my nephews two color weave quilt.
    And I really want to make up morning star quilt and keep finding myself cutting up stuff for that one. There are two many squirrels in my sewing room right now! A friend stopped by to visit with DH to see how he is doing post surgery and was like wow how many do you have going and which one is the one your doing for Mom (his mom but my honorary mom). Crumb I had talked about making one for her but she bought something so I had set it aside in my head. I need a spreadsheet for this stuff.

Oh and I want to make some table runners maybe what I really need is not a spreadsheet but two of me!
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have 6 T Shirt quilts that I need to get done. My Husbands cousin would like them done by the middle of October (maybe, maybe not) They are going to be small so maybe not take so long. Then I have another Aunt that wants a T Shirt quilt done and a Teacher that was my middle Grandsons teacher for three years wants me to do a T Shirt quilt for her as well out of her College T Shirts. Then I have a list a mile maybe 3 long for just stuff I need to do.

Oh well everyone have a great day and happy sewing.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Okay! I've read what everyone is doing/planning to do. And that has made me tired. I think I'll take a nap! No, not really. But I will be back later with pictures of what I am doing.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've got some Ohio Star blocks planned for today. Right now I'm feeling a bit off, so I don't think I'll look any farther ahead than that. Of course, because of the thread' s title, I'll be humming Mary Poppins songs all day!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com