Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Owl and Butterfly

Hoot hoot! How are yooooou? I laboriously hand sewed an applique square down to find that the fabric below shows through, so I'll need to rip it off and put down something underneath...using the embroidery floss is tough. Quilting cotton has too tight a weave for my needle and thread to pass through easily. So I'm going to plug my sewing machine back in and try some decorative stitches...

Yesterday the monarch butterfly that we fostered from an egg hatched. That was an enjoyable little science experiment We set it free on one of my garden asters.

What's up where you areClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010666.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	117397Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010671.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	117398? @,@

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Night Owl and Butterfly

Hello night owls. We made and canned tomato basil soup today. The soup turned out so good! I'd been a good day.
    One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I crashed today. Planned to take a short nap, and I woke four hours later! Must have needed it.

Beautiful butterfly. I've never raised one, but I saw several on my coneflowers today.

Hoot!
    Last edited by Angelia; September 7th, 2015 at 01:59 AM.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How pretty Kim. I need to plant some butterfly attracting flowers. My dd who is visiting came by and helped me bring most of my fabric downstairs. She dropped it over the railing to the floor in trash bags. I kept looking at them and saying 'oh, I could make this'. I need to get it on the shelves first. lol

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home from work and tomorrow I have the whole day off!! We are going to Chicago 2-1/2 hrs away for my GD 3rd birthday. It should be lots of fun. I made her a pretty and very colorful Happy Birthday banner with Jenny's super easy tut using layer cakes. I mailed it last month so DD could hang it early and leave it up all week, so I am kind of excited to see how it looks in her house. And they have a new puppy!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Night owls it ended up being a quiet day around here,I wanted to go out to look for a new couch but my body had different ideas so I never got out.Kim how do you go about raising a butterfly? we had a couple in the yard yesterday and the puppy saw them I was afraid he was going to try to catch them but he didn't.
    Joan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi night owls! I'm not usually up this late, but I was on a roll and didn't want to stop! Well, that and a huge Dr. Pepper I had in the evening. I don't usually drink caffeine so it really got me going! I machine embroidered 5 tea towels with my sister to donate to a fundraiser for her niece and nephew in law who are trying to adopt a baby from somewhere in Africa. Then I made a taggie blanket, cut out fabric books and finally started on my favors for the Forum Retreat. I'm not sure I'm happy with them, plus they are taking much longer than planned, so I'm not sure if I'll scrap that idea or not.

We have our DGD tonight so I'd better get to bed because she always wakes up early! Night all

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello fellow night owls. Sleep is eluding me tonight. I guess because I took a nap. Generally a bad idea, but I was tired at the start of my day because of poor sleep the night before. Went birding early this morning. Many many water birds and so many kinds of warblers. Its lovely at the nature preserve on the lake. Appropriate find this morning - a barred owl. Big guy, too. Only saw him because of his call "who cooks for you, who cooks for you''. To a picnic after, and the day was really hot, but it was still a nice time for everyone. Sewed a bit this evening and now I am wide awake after sleeping only 2 hours. Ugh. Have to work on this.

Have a lovely Labor Day everyone!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello! My day flew past, though no sewing accomplished. We rearranged the living room. It is much cozier now. Hubby got our old dishwasher removed and ready for the new one when it comes in in a few weeks. That's exciting! I got a few loads of laundry done and the rugs upstairs vacuumed.

I've been searching for a pattern to knit up a throw afghan with some chunky yarn I bought last winter. I need an evening TV project. I think I've decided on a feather and fan pattern. It was my grandma's favourite to knit and is so pretty and classic. I'm going to be lazy I think and do three large color blocks rather than narrow stripes. Many less ends to weave in and big blocks of color are more modern. Right???

Terri