Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What is a Chameleon colored car?

There is an artistic guy not far from my neighborhood whose yard is crammed with sculpture and statues and all kinds of quirky stuff. A "Big Boy " from burger chain that closed, large dinosaur taller than his roofline, two gold tin soldiers, a stationery motorcycle with ever-changing driver to match the season. But the car!! He has a classic old cadillac sawed in half and half buried in his front yard, the middle is underground and the fins and hood are visible. Well he paints that car a couple times a year. I have seen it red, orange, bright blue and even pink. So when I think of a chamleon car that's what I think of. Want to see for yourself? Google "yard art, lake drive, cudahy, wi" and there are numerous photos of the 1955 Caddy and the other stuff.
    Last edited by jjkaiser; September 6th, 2015 at 01:43 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I seen one the other day. Kinda neat to look at. Different for sure.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Listening to KC news and they said the perpetrator drove off in a chameleon colored car. Does that mean it changes color?????? I just don't understand anything any more. Life is too confusing.
    There is a clear coat finish that can be painted on vehicles that make it seem to change color. It is similar to blowing a soap bubble playing with your kids and viewing the bubble up close to see the reds greens, blues, oranges, etc. We had a neighbor that had what looked like a raspberry truck with a gradient paint job. I thought it was odd to see this color driving down the street. But when you would get close up to it you would see it was actually black. I am not sure if that is considered opalescent?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-Pearlescent_Toyota_Supra_-_002.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	117362
    This picture is compliments of wikipedia. Notice the green blue and the rest of the car looks raspberry/purple?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That is just to funny!

Do you know how to give a Chameleon a heartattack? Throw Skittles at him... lol
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    . . . especially since it was bruised and you should have know it had been injured . . .

We once bought a care from a friend - it was a green VW bug and she had been approached for a free paint job if she'd drive around her 'advertisement car'. SALEM cigarettes . . . it was a fun little car and she needed the money and we needed the wheels.
    I learned to drive in a BRIGHT green 1976 VW bug. I was 16 and it was my boyfriend's car. I couldn't get the clutch to catch right while I was backing up. The car bucked into a brick wall and knocked part of the wall over. The bricks landed below in an entrance to a parking garage, blocking cars from entering and putting a BIG dent in the NEW car. I didn't get my license till I was 18 because of this. LOL!