Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP 9/2/15 September, surprise! Feels like summer

Oh my goodness, back to the real world today. DH told me when i started getting sick Monday night that that was how the zombie infection started on the new show he's watching. He was nice enough to tell me that if I started acting weird he'd stab me in the brain to save me from becoming a zombie. that's love right there.
    Thank you for all the well wishes, and Leah that chicken soup sounds really good.
    Today I'm looking forward to eating. Yay! So dizzy and weak still so Sophie needs to take it easy on me.

As far as sewing goes, still need to decide on a border for the missouri star.
    Speaking of M*, my charm pack is still caught in limbo somewhere. This is beyond ridiculous.

What will everyone be working on this week?
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP 9/2/15 September, surprise! Feels like summer

I vow NOT to become a vintage machine hoarder....
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi! It's been about 2 month's I haven't been able to access the forum, and you can't imagine how much I've missed sewing and chatting with you gals!

Life got in the way: a series of family dramas (my sister is now left a single mother with two kids, no job, no car and a mortgage; we also had to bring our psycho mother to a lawsuit for damages to our property), a lot of work, and besides entertaining visitors (friends and relatives that do have summer vacations). I'm exhausted!

Now summer is almost over, my laptop broken down and my smartphone agonizing. I can visualize my next paycheck being invested in new tech instead of fabric!

My sewing projects for the week are adapting some curtains, making a bunch of cushions for the guest room and trying to find out where the h... I've hidden the spiderweb top I had assembled before summer! Last time I saw it my niece Sofia was helping me laying the borders. After sewing them I had to put my WIPs away as we were expecting company, and that was mid-July.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0230.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	117139
    Last edited by lourixe; September 2nd, 2015 at 09:33 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my lourixe so sorry. Glad to see you back.
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amy, ain't love grand? LOL! Glad you're back amongst the living and sewing seems like the perfect "take it easy" route today.
    Leah, whatever, ROFL, you say that now..................just think of potato chips, or M&M's. mmmm hmmmm!
    Lourixe, so good to see you hop on! So sorry to hear about your DS and the family drama, but think we all have that at some point in time. And devices, ugh...........they drive me nuts, and LOL on "searching" for the spiderweb. I know I'm going to be wondering where I put stuff after reorganizing. Famous last words - "I know I'll remember where I put this, it's a very logical place for it to be." ............right!

Inhaling coffee here as the day starts and my time dwindles. Friday will see me actually being able to play...........finally! Hope everyone has a great day, sewing or otherwise!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amy- glad to see you back and on the mend! Love to see your M star when completed.
    Sonic- if you say it loud enough and long enough you may believe it

Hopefully today will start to get back to work on the orange peel unless I'm sidetracked and there's a very good chance that may happen!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, great to see Amy, great to see Lourixe too!

What's on the table for this week? Did finish a dozen bereavement quilts - six pink, six blue. Have them ready to ship but doubt I'll get to the PO today.

Next up on my quilting agenda? Thinking I'd better get some PICU/NICU quilts done so I can take them to Marilyn at the retreat forum. I have my Totally Dotty quilt that I need to finish but it may remain a UFO for a while. It is a tedious piece since I'm doing applique in the hoop on my embroidery machine. AND I have a slew of my little sewing kits ready to stitch up . . . that may outweigh some other things.

Keep feeling well and don't do anything I wouldn't do.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got DH surgery to go thru for pinched nerve today but hope to get some work done on my Chevron quilt and then get it and my weave quilt sandwiched and quilted for upcoming baby showers not sure how that will go. But power is on again so that is good lol.
    Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Amy glad you're feeling better. Maybe I have a zombie infection too..........scratchy throat & achy off & on for over a week. Never thought about it being a zombie virus.

lourixe, glad you're back. I hope some quilting therapy will help with the stress you've dealt with lately. Hugs to you.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a lot of odds and ends this week: one quilt needs borders, one needs to be glue basted, one needs to be laid out so I can see what to sash, and I'd like to make some more Ohio Star blocks. I'm glad for the long weekend. (Every time I use the word "weekend," I think of the Dowager Duchess on Downton Abbey--"What is this week end?")
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com