Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP 9/2/15 September, surprise! Feels like summer

Giggles. Especially if the shipping label looked like her long arm part store.
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Doofus? Red toe nails? Warm stinky stuff? Bwahahahaha! Pam, oh girrrrrl you know some of that will be shipped to Loo-zee-anna I plan on sharing on the brown gold, and Navas, you're rotten, ROFL!

This thread makes for a great end to the day!

Amy, your Hubs will go down in infamy with the killer zombie knife, ROFL!
    Fran, you have way more patience than I do with small stuff, but I can sure admire the pics you post!
    ClaireO, shoot girl, we're all doofus's, why we're on WIP!!!! ROFL!
    Leah, you ARE a machine hoarder, like that's a bad thing, you will NOT stop at just 2!
    Oh and Sandy, I'd love to see you paint an elephant's toes red...................you have such talent!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So good to see everyone again! This forum has been my escape this week, but things are finally starting to settle down at work, so I should be able to get more sewing time in - woohoo! I did get all of the strip sets sewn for the 3 dudes with a twist, now to iron and cut them and sew them and cut them again. I think it is going to be something special, which is good, since it is for a special Aunt of mine who started chemo last week for stage 3 stomach cancer. Lots of love and prayers being added to this quilt as it goes together.

Hoping all who have had this creeping crud are on the mend - it is finally going away for me.

Hugs and prayers for all - whether you think you need them or not. Take extra if you need them!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    I vow NOT to become a vintage machine hoarder....
    Of course not, dear (said in my most soothing, calming, placating voice). You will not be a hoarder, you will be a collector.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, good to see you back on too! So very sorry about your Aunt and please throw some of my prayers and comfort in there as well. Glad you're feeling better, so far I've avoided the crud here. Surprisingly, Flu A has been rampant all year long here in my county, amazing that the pharmaceutical companies that manufactured last years shots didn't include Type A at all.......................now that is MAJOR doofus at work!! Sending hugs your way!

Sylvia, oh you sooooo have that voice down pat, it even came thru in your typing, ROFL! Leah's just gonna hafta suck it up buttercup and admit it! LOL!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    All good doofuses deserve friendly doofuses and we're full of doofs here!!

Can you just imagine what is going to happen when Carrie opens that crate?
    Does that mean she might be getting doodoo?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm glad to be back in the game here! Good to see everyone's doing well. I'm still in the middle of hexie mania, I love them so much - what a great take-along craft. Prepping applique pieces to take to Mom's to sew in the easy chairs in the evenings after our busy days. Hope everyone is going to have as great a labor day weekend as I plan to!!
    Last edited by pharris123; September 2nd, 2015 at 07:55 PM. Reason: for the heck of it
    Pam in the Boneyard - Georgia expat in Cleveland Ohio. Howdy y'all!

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way your mom told you to in the first place

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for everybody with the creeping crud. I think it started here in the South and the weather wafted it northwards. I got better in a few days, but it was a strange illness. I didn't even loose any weight even though I couldn't keep anything down at all for two solid days. That is just not right.

Sewing wise I plan to finish my Halloween table runner and then do the last two Jinny Beyer 2015 BOM. I like the table runner. It is turning out fun and funky, just like Halloween. I got the label on at lunch time, and am getting ready to start work on the binding.

Thankfully the last two Jinny Beyer BOM are paper pieced, but the last one is a 9" block made up of 8 separate paper pieced foundations and an inset seam. In a paper pieced block! I love Jinny Beyer but that is just sadistic! I will be so glad when this is BOM is done.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Fran View Post
    Does that mean she might be getting doodoo?
    Fran, it's a "crooner crate" singing doo-bee-doo-bee doooooo! ROFL! And hey Zoo Poo is expensive, it's goin' IN the compost pile, might keep the varmints outta the yard. Just hope I don't have doo flies the size of elephants!! ROFL!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you're feeling better. Family dramas seem to be running around these days. We've got a cousin's child that DSS came and took all three of her kids. Her MIL was there and DSS let the kids go with their grandma, but good grief...ask that woman where her own son (the father is) you guessed it... in jail for drugs and abuse. She's a great one to get those three kids all under three.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou