Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP 9/2/15 September, surprise! Feels like summer

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseSm View Post
    I finished the last Jinny Beyer 2015 BOM. Phew. All 13 done. Next month we add fancy sashing around each block.

Attachment 117443Attachment 117444
    That is going to be absolutely stunning!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amy R View Post
    other work in progress. Thanks to Fran and both our dhs Attachment 117438
    Next step is custom table and yummy chocolate brown cushion covers!
    Well, we can tell there are a couple of us who are loved!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Denise- love those blocks gonna have a gorgeous quilt there!
    Claire- your applique really speaks to me, I love that look! Can't wait to see the rest!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Lou, very touching and sweet. I guess we really don't realize that across the Globe, greetings/goodbyes differ greatly from ours,
    Cathy, this is adorable, you do beautiful work!
    Amy, thanks to Fran and both DH's that is turning out splendid! Yay, more seating and storage too! Hint: when getting the foam, use an electric knife to cut to size, works like a champ. And I agree with Fran, keep that Elna!
    Denise, Jinny Beyer has some gorgeous patterns, not to mention fabrics, and you've absolutely done them justice, awesome!
    ClaireO, ewww girl and you ain't no slouch either, love your layout and colors!

I spent almost all day on the frame today (minus a strawberry shake, and food). Learning the nuances of controlled movements to get a particular scroll, feather, circle and speed setting. Speed control=great, love the pulse button. Hubs was duly impressed he said "I'd have never figured out what you're doing in a gazillion years. For that I'll forgive him the statement when putting the frame together, "They say it takes either a 5 yr old, or an Engineer to do stuff like that." ROFL! Looks like I'll have tons of "practice" oven mitts and such. I even cut loose with some different colors today in thread. Now that was total fun. All done with with my leetle frens ZZ Top, Adele, Traveling Wilburys, Pink Floyd, The Four Tenors and Sting for good measure. Now to remember to return my "driving" CD's to the car, too bad it can't quilt while I drive, LOL!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the compliments, people, but it is a kit -- so I get no creative credit for this one! The appliqué goes on the borders of the Nancy Rink Amish quilt. I do get some cutting & sewing credit, however -- it is a big project for little ol' me.

I have a few too many WIPs. Two quilt tops, one table runner & set of placemats, one hand quilting project -- it has been too hot to work on that one --, three knitting projects & I can't bear to count the embroidery projects, which are all currently in time out. And there are probably a few more I'm forgetting. I don't mind having multiple projects -- I like to have different activities & levels of difficulty -- but every once in a while it gets to be too many! I need to clear the decks a little.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Claire--I'm the same way. I like having different projects, so I can decide "today I want to quilt" or "today I want to cut," but too many makes me anxious! When that happens, I take some time, finish everything up (except my stack of string blocks--I add to that all the time), and feel good from the accomplishment. (We won't mention the fact that I then begin it all again! )
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angelia View Post
    Claire--I'm the same way. I like having different projects, so I can decide "today I want to quilt" or "today I want to cut," but too many makes me anxious! When that happens, I take some time, finish everything up (except my stack of string blocks--I add to that all the time), and feel good from the accomplishment. (We won't mention the fact that I then begin it all again! )
    Yes -- sometimes I think, what's the point of finishing a project, I'll just start another one ....