Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday - Welcome September

Good morning all you beautiful people. Aahhhhhhhhhhhhh September, I am so glad it is here. This summer was not kind to us and I am looking forward to hopefully a relaxing fall season. Still a lot of work for me to do to get ready for the colder days that will be coming up fast, but I know I can get it done.
    Hubby is healing slowly and still has a long way to go, but I am staying positive that his arm will heal completely.
    Looking forward to getting the sewing machine out and getting back in the swing of things. Have missed the therapy of quilting.

have a wonderful day with lots of hugs and smiles
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

2. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gee-golly-whiz. Feels like Old Home Week - got to love it when friends who've been astray show up and fill us in on what's going on in their lives. Welcome home, Trish and Donna!!

I just popped in on Amazon for a sneak peek at Trish's husband's book and I'm impressed. Not necessarily a genre I'd read, but his writing skills are right up there!!

Yesterday (again) was a wipe-out for me. Did get out and get some errands out of the way and then came home and collapsed with this back ache. Seems to be better today so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that when I get off here I can at least do something that's worthwhile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Number 4.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	117092
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone, welcome back to the missing.
    I put a Fall quilt and shams on our bed this morning, swapped out the couch quilt for a Fall one, it seems cooler even if it is not. Fall is probably my most favorite time of year, September is still usually very hot here but I love me some of October's Bright Blue Weather. That is a poem from 5th grade that I never managed to memorize but never forgot the title.
    I got one Farmgirl block done and two more almost done yesterday, today is the monthly grocery shop so probably won't get much sewing done. It does mean lunch out at the Thai place, yum!

Tomorrow we go to my sister's to get the file cabinet of genealogy research that my parents did before they passed. I don't want it but she is moving so it is coming to my basement instead of hers. I guess I should read some of it this Winter when I can't enjoy the outdoors. Any Alabama Bishops, Colliers or Shields out there?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Unusual for me, but I didn't get to check the Forum or DD until late last eve. Had a busy day -- annual mammogram -- now in digital 3D! -- shopping for more storage items for my reorganization project -- deep cleaning--organizing fabric. I feel like I have the lion share of the work done in the sewing room. I still need to clean & sort items in the fam. rm. where I have my cutting table. I have some UFOs laid out on a card table which I need to go through & place in containers. Removing fabric from batting trimmings will have to wait for another time, but I'll save the strips until I can separate the fabric. Too wide to discard. This whole project has turned out to be much more work than I anticipated, but it will be nice to have it done.

It's still sunny & hot, but it cools off nicely at night. One year we had 8" of wet heavy snow on Sep. 20. Many trees were damaged. I'm hoping for good weather this mo. as DS is coming for a visit on the 25th. He'll be able to do a few projects for us that DH no longer can do.

Have a Happy Tuesday!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I've been catching up on news. It has been difficult reading since the eye surgery. I'll be glad when all is healed and back to normal. I did manage to get a couple of quilt backs sewed together yesterday. I have to pick up fabric for one more and then it's off to the longarmer. I have had some of these tops for several years, so I'll be glad to have them quilted. I wish I could still hand quilt, but arthritis makes that impossible. I can stitch for about 10 minutes at a time, so it would take forever to do a quilt!

Today is my youngest grandson's birthday. He's 34! It's bad enough to have kids in their 50's, but all my grandchildren are in their 30's now! Where does the time go?

Well, I'd better get busy or the day will be gone and I'll still be sitting here. I have shopping to do this afternoon, and a trip to the library. Have a great day all!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning! Still fairly early here. I wanted more sleep but talked myself into getting up for coffee so I can get something done!

I love Summer! I love Spring! We are coming into the time of year where I really have to pay attention to how I feel and be good to myself. I may end up buying a lightbox this year. I need sunlight, and in the PNW you don't get all you need through Fall and Winter. The percentage of people in Washington on Vitamin D is unreal!

I started working on a UFO yesterday. A really pretty Periwinkle quilt I started awhile ago. I got patterns and fabric together for a couple Grandkid quilts too. I see many hours of sewing in my near future. But first.....

Just a couple more days to get ready for Josh's get together here. I'm glad DH and I won't be here, not playing hostess or doing any clean up. They just want a place big enough with room to pitch tents and have a fire, or stay inside if it's raining. I'd like to be a fly on the wall.

Now to enjoy this nice hot coffee and get busy! Have a wonderful day, hugs and prayers all 'round!
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

IrishRN, A new quilty friend! That is a real blessing. I don't know anyone near me who quilts. Good luck with the neuro evaluation and getting hubby there.

I went to Joann's this weekend and bought more flannel for my rag quilt. I've got to cut 6.5 inch squares with my Go cutter and then cut the cotton squares for the top. It's so hard to get that done because of my back pain and sciatica. I hate to impose on my daughter because she is busy making DGD number 2's costume for the ballet competition in Veracruz in October.

Here it is September already. I've got to get my taxes ready for the accountant because my deadline is October 15 and he needs two weeks to prepare the return. I'm more than ready for tax reform.

I had a bone density study yesterday to determine whether I'm a candidate for a lumbar fusion. You have to have bones strong enough to hold all the hardware. So the decision about surgery may be off the table. I should know something within the next two weeks. Prayers will be appreciated because I want my life back.

Nothing else going on here except the entire community is in turmoil after the execution-style murder of a sheriff's deputy who was pumping gas into his patrol car when attacked for behind by a gunman and shot 15 times. He was the same age as my son, 47, and left a wife and two children, 12 and 5. They have made an arrest already. I just feel so bad for his family because this was the most senseless crime I've ever heard of. This happened about 10 miles from where I live.

Well, that's all the bad news I have. I need to at least go pet my stash to lift my spirits.