Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mouse

I was working on the checkbook trying to figure out how my balance had gone below 6 figures when I got a text from my daughter saying she had a dead mouse under her kitchen sink. She is terrified of mice but there isn't much I can do about it right now. My truck is in the shop getting new brakes and she lives 30 minutes away. I told her to put on some gloves and get rid of it. She sent me a picture showing the snow shovel in the floor next to the sink. She was going to use a broom to put the mouse in the shovel and carry it out as soon as she got the nerve. I told her the mouse was dead and couldn't hurt her. She said she was afraid that it was a zombie mouse and I told her they only came out at night. A few minutes later she texted that it wasn't a mouse but only the plug on her tea kettle. I told her to get some new contacts.

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Mouse

Your story made me laugh! I feel for her. I live alone and years ago had a mouse infestation. My Dad live hours away....
    My first experience with disposing of a dead mouse was very traumatic and like your daughter I had several disposal implements, a bio hazard suit and some tranquilizers for after the experience.......

Fast forward a few months and I was tossin them like an exterminator! "Swish" and "2 Points" could be heard by my neighbors...(a slight dramatization) as they were deposited in the trash.

I was so glad when I got them all and was done with that. I've since moved....if it happens again I will just give them the house.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a whole lot more concerned about the 5 figure balance in your checkbook than finding a dead mouse. How many zeros can you go right of the decimal point and still attract the ladies?
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That was so funny!!! We live in the country and have had occasional mouse visitors, along with a few birds, a flying squirrel, a snake and a few little lizards! My chocolate lab was always on duty for such invasions, both inside and outside the house and was known to bring home her trophies....... Dead rabbits, birds and moles she dug up from the yard!
    Now I'm a nurse and an animal lover so picking up odd things with gloves on is part of my life's work but once it crosses from outside to inside it becomes the hubby's job. It's just a rule..... I had it put in the wedding vows!!!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the chuckles, Papa. After 35 years in nursing I am no longer squeamish. Well, maybe really big hairy spiders, but otherwise I can handle it. My neighbor's cat is a terrific mouser. I receive gifts on my front porch and walk on a regular basis. Some have heads, some don't.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago I also had a call at 11:30PM from my DD who lived in Minnesota (Eden) and I lived in Patchogue NY. She was afraid because their was a mouse in the apt and the cat was stalking it and playing with it, (no front claws). I told her to take the cat to bed with her because the mouse wouldn't come anywhere near them. The poor thing (the mouse) was probably terrified to death because she found it that way in the kitchen in the A.M.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    I'm a whole lot more concerned about the 5 figure balance in your checkbook than finding a dead mouse. How many zeros can you go right of the decimal point and still attract the ladies?
    The checkbook balance doesn't seem to matter. I carry a can of pepper spray to help fight off the ladies.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Right? Forget the mouse. I think the point of the story is the dip in the checking account balance. It is only a matter of 1 cent that changed that but gosh sakes you need to go find that $$ and fast. A penny is a penny is a penny. I'll find one for you on my walk tomorrow.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mice don't bother me, its spiders that get me...but I must say would love to see what 6 figures looks like in a checkbook.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr. Spider.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	117042

This guy keeps attacking Al - and Al says there's nothing more disturbing than cobwebs stuck in his one hair on his head.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."