Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good morning blessed Sunday

Good morning everyone.

Well yesterday was not a total bust. Les and I went antiquing. He found some treasures and I found some treasures. I bought a little blue toy sewing machine. It is a Little Betty (I will take a picture) to add to my collection. I now have 4 little toy sewing machines.

I also finished the tops I am making for someone else. Now to get those sandwiched and returned. I don't have to quilt them.

Today I have a baby shower to attend.

It looks like Phil and the girls are arriving Wednesday night. Jodi will come later. Better get my hinnie in gear.

Have a good day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Good morning blessed Sunday

My MIL is still here. We're taking her to Badin Lake to see her sisters today. Court tomorrow to "start" work on Mom's estate, get the ad in the paper. Tuesday a lady from Hospice is going to pick up one of Mom's lift chairs (her father is having back surgery and they will need it to help get him back on his feet.) Wednesday will be laundry and packing... I'm flying the coop! Both grands have birthdays in Sept. Esther will turn one on the fourth, Jonathan will turn three on the fourteenth. My DILs family is having their joint birthday parties on the 5th which would have been my Dad's birthday. We'll head home on Tuesday after Labor Day.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Boy, the name "Badin Lake" brought back some memories! I learned to water ski at Badin. Friends had a boat and we used to go over there, ride the boat, and picnic. I think that was back in another lifetime it feels so long ago!

Going to be a quiet day here. Church, lunch, and hopefully nap. Ragweed has my allergies going full blast.

I hope tomorrow will be the final battle with quilting the "I Spy" quilt. I need to quilt 3 1/2 more block (out of 25). My shoulders need a rest after the last few days (I hurt them both last year and they complain when I FMQ a lot at one time). Borders already cut. Maybe I can get it finished and gifted before the baby's first month birthday.

Have a great day!
    Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all!

My day is all mine, hubby's working nights so he'll come home soon and sleep. then I get to do whatever I want all day! I was planning on putting the last border on my I spy quilt and start to sandwich it, but in the moving of my sewing room, I've misplaced it. I know it's around here somewhere. Oh well, I've got lots of other projects to keep me busy, I just need to pick one and get started.

Have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning!

Yest. I finished sewing together the EB's "How Charming" top. It was spread out on my "design floor". I needed to get it out of the way so I could begin the big organization project in prep. for making room for the Tiara II which is coming to my house soon. I had the last of the rows sewn together by noon. It still needs borders. After lunch I started on the project. I hauled boxes & storage containers out of my sewing room into the fam. rm. I needed to empty 2 tall (4 shelves ea.) stainless steel shelves. I vac'd & washed all the shelves. Pulled them out from the wall so I could vac & dust the walls, baseboard, etc. behind them. I'm moving everything in my sewing rm., cleaning behind the storage drawer units, etc. Whew, what a job. By 50, I was pooped. I had the shelves back in place & had reorganized much of the fabric, basically by colors. It looks like I have space for a few more single drawer units on the shelves. Another trip to WM tomorrow. I'm making good progress. I can hardly wait to have it all done.

It was up to 96 deg. yest. Still hazy from the western fires/smoke. The sun came up in a big orange ball. It's supposed to be in the 90's again today. At least it cools off nicely at night this time of the year. There is a nip of Fall in the air. DH already made appts. to have our swamp cooler drained & covered for the winter (9/11)and our sprinkler system blown out (10/2).

In going through my UFOs yest., I discovered I have 21 finished quilt tops waiting to be sandwiched & quilted! Most are crib size. A couple are lap size. My new LA will be kept busy. There are some other UFOs as well. I keep wanting to try Jenny's or other new patterns & don't always totally complete a project.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone. Another nice morning here. I guess it's going to get hot today but it was beautiful out there while I was watering.

Not sure what the day will bring. I finished my first NCW yesterday and also did a quick tablerunner for a friend. I've just got to finish sewing the binding down on it and that will be done. I usually do those shirts of things while watching TV at night or sitting outside. I have a COC quilt I need to finish so I am thinking that's what I'll work on for a while today. I am anxious to get started on some fall and Christmas items for the Fall Craft Fair but I need to finish up a few other things first. Of course, I want to start my next NCW too!

Have a super Sunday all
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, it's "froggy" here - that means there is fog in the air . . . how fun. Good reason to stay off the roads.

Not much happening here. I'll be back making bereavement quilts today. Think I have three more to go and then I'll move on to something else.

May the day bring nothing less than the very best for everyone - warm fuzzies, special friendships, laughter, joy, and good food.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning everyone. Yes I am still alive and kicking, just worn out and exhausted. It as been a very long and stressful summer. We had a friend from Texas come up on June 8th and he just left for home this morning. We were busy building an addition on the barn and then the heat got to us and we decided to put off the addition on the house. Which now we will probably not do, because my husband was had put the Pathfinder on a jack, took off the tire to look at the ball joints that needed replaced and the jack gave way and the car fell on his arm and pinned him to the ground. I was the only one here, our friend was off visiting some other friends. It took me over 20 minutes to get the car off him, but I got it done. He was taken to the hospital by ambulance and they did surgery. He had a crushed artery (which is good because if it hadn't crushed he probably would have bled to death) They did an arterial graft to repair the crushed one. He is healing slowly and can't do anything for himself. The doctor says it will be another month before the arm will be healed enough to start therapy and IF he gets full use of the arm back it will be 6 months to a year. So I am on my own trying to get things put away and stored for winter. Main problem is finding someone to deliver firewood since that's how we heat the house and no way will he be able to run a chain saw. Our friend from Texas says he will be back in a month or so with another friend to cut us firewood. He is so great. I will be making him and his wife something quilty as a thank you. I have not sewn in quite some time with all that's been going on.. It will be nice to get the machine out of moth balls (lol) and get to sewing again.

Hope everyone is well.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all
    Feeling lazy today and will be enjoying a quiet day. Yesterday my daughter came for a visit and had another of her craft days for her nieces and her cousin. She brought canvases for a painting party. They certainly had a fun day with each other. Had whole family all here for dinner, ordered pizza. The bonus of the day was a neighbor having a party ad had quite a fireworks display around 9 pm, great ending to a wonderful family day.

Hope to get a little sewing in today and just relax.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

DONNA, DONNA, DONNA!!

I've had you and Daniel in my thoughts and prayers - I'm so excited to see you up and at'em - what a difficult road you have ahead of you. I didn't think, when I heard from you last, that the recovery period on his arm would be so long. What can we do, long distance, to help?????????????

Sending you cyber hugs. Wish I was close enough to give you a hand now and then.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."