Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default WIP 8/18/15 Sew, it's mid august.

I am already dreaming of changing leaves, crisper air, and remnants of NY memories of apple orchards, apple cider and pumpkin doughnuts! Fall is my favorite season weather wise. I've noticed a couple of trees in the area are changing their leaves already.

So, "Birthday Surprise" is on the docket for finish this week. It must get done... seriously.... I have 2 sashing? I decided I will leave the vertical sashing plain for the paths not walked on yet. If it looks stupid after binding and all is said and done I'll put some stitches in it. The center squares are still up in the air, haven't decided yet. I think I'll cut binding strips up today for some more motivation.

The coin quilt with pizzazz. I am absolutely aggravated with this. I did what I was supposed to according to the pattern, and unless it's been changed and I haven't seen the change I did the solid 2" strips on the two sides. Pretty sure my 1/4" seam allowance is correct. For me, I should have done 2 1/2". So now I have to line them up when I piece rows/columns and cut every block down to fit each other. It was to be a sell quilt so we'll see if I sell it or just give it to Sophie.

the only other thing I may do is a receiving blanket for my neighbor's son and his new wife. That baby looks ready to drop any day now and I'm not sure there's much in supplies over there... I could be wrong but this is the kid who hacked up his desk and chair to make bon fires so... yeah.

Little brother is leaving today, I'm sad and Sophie will have a hard time with it but he does need to get his new life started. I think he'll be ok. he's got a solid foundation in family and friends and he has a driving work ethic. Wishing him luck in his interview(s) and job search!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	116136

What will you create/dream of this week?
    Quilter since 2013.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: WIP 8/18/15 Sew, it's mid august.

I will continue to dream of a big girl machine (anything bigger than mine is a big girl machine) touching fabrics, and remind myself the start of school is coming fast. School starting signals the changing of gears around here and beginnings of fall prep.
    Fall is my favorite season too.
    I'll keep little Bro in my thoughts!
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Know you are going to miss that little brother a whole lot, but you've definitely shown him that life is good. He'll take those special Sophie memories with him and he'll be back.

Machine issues here so my big project came to a screeching halt yesterday. Hoping to hear from the repair person today. I think the timing is off . . . frustrating.

Having lunch out with a dear friend today. Always enjoy times with her, even though we'll probably get wet just getting from the car to the restaurant.

Going to start some of the bereavement quilts this afternoon. Good that I have more than one machine that stitches.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning gals,
    Amy, glad you had a great visit with your brother. I always have a hard time saying good bye after visits, but I'm sure he is taking some great memories with him.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress this week. Going to head up to the sewing room in a bit and work on some "happy feet"!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My goal for this week is to finish my Sunset table runner.

I came down with something nasty yesterday and am pretty wobbly still today. Not even sure what it is.

I am dreaming of my big girl sewing machine, a Juki 2010q. I have 25% of the money saved and my plan is to purchase when I have half the money saved and put the last half on a payment plan. I knew I can do better FMQ if I have a better machine.

It sure is hard to save when I see pretty fabric on sale.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no Denise!! Girl just cannot get a break!
    I wish you super energy to feel better lickity split!

I hear you about the machine, I'm also trying to save plus I'm browsing used machines, I just missed out getting an old Singer 99k yesterday. It was in good shape and I had already downloaded a manual on it and repair info so when I find an older machine I can hopefully fix it up myself. Back to grinding the pavement...
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Fall always seems more like the start of the new year to me, more than Jan. Could have something to do with the change in weather and colors etc. Jan. around here anyways, is just more of the same ... cold, snow , more cold, more snow, even colder and so it goes.

Today's plan is to get going on the 2 quilt tops I have finished, 1 boy and 1 girl. Daughter #1 is due next week and we don't know if she is having a girl or a boy, so I need to be ready. Then it starts all over , Son #2 and his wife are due Sept. 6, they are not finding out the gender either.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

School has begun here, so I will have less time to sew--gotta work to afford fabric (and electricity for the sewing machine)! I've decided to spend some time cutting scraps before I move on to my next project, so that's what I'll be doing with any free time this week.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here is how far I got on the Sunset table runner before I got sick. I need to add the border and then quilt it.

Name:	trade 004.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	116146

This design is super easy! 10 pieces from a layer cake and you have a gorgeous table runner. It sews up quickly too. This may now be my emergency gift design. One piece in the center, 8 pieces cut 2.5" wide x10", one piece cut into 16 2.5" squares for the corner stones. Simple, fabulous, and easy. My kind of design.
    Stash Treasure Acquisitions Beyond Life Expectancy. My stash keeps me STABLE, oh yeah.... and dark chocolate.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	197.5 KB 
ID:	116147

Loading a picture to show progress.
    Quilter since 2013.