Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bonjour!

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bonjour!

Welcome from a British newbie living in the Limousin! I just made my first quilt over the winter ( it is very qiuet here in the winter) and I am very pleased with it - I was a little adventurous as I made a single bed quilt for my very first project, but, like you, I was totally inspired by Jenny's tutorials on you tube!
    I have just ordered some fabric from MSQC for next winter's project ( a double bed quilt) and I can't wait to start cutting it out. As an homage to France and the amazing vide grenier finds I have made, I will be backing the quilt with an antique french sheet to add a little character....
    I look forward to hearing how you get on,
    Kind regards,
    Linda Binney

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from North Dakota, USA!

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that sounds like a great idea! I hope to see you quilt pictured here once it is finished! Please take a photo and create an album, I'd love to see how it turned out!

I know the Limousin is very quiet in the winter, but I can assure you that in the Parisian surburb it can ba very quiest as well... As they say never so alone than in a huge crowd! My quilt project based on one of Jenny's wonderful tutorials is only a single bed spread, but since it is for my niece how is 8, it is enough, I think.

I have chosen for my niece the "On top of the World" line:

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop...p+of+the+world

For the tutorial I chose the Flower garden pattern but instead of using charms I'm using layer cakes to make bigger flowers.

What have you chosen for your double bed quilt and which tutorial are you going to use?

Best regards
    GaŽlle
    All the Best
    Gaelle
    from France

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sois la bienvenue, GaŽlle!

My advice for beginners is to always start with a smaller project so that you don't get too disappointed by difficulties. You must specially consider how you are going to quilt your project. My first quilt top was double bed sized, and I waited for several years before I thought I was skilled enough to have it quilted.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, from Ohio! Hey, your English looks pretty good to me.... Perfect, in fact.

Jenny's tutorials have gotten a lot of quilters started.... She's that good.... So glad you found us...

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Gaelle and welcome to the forum!!
    ***Kathy***