Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Remember the law suit about hot coffee at McDonalds? This is crazier!

The only way one of those rolls would hurt is if they were stale and those rolls are fresh. I have only been to a Lamberts one time and I did not like catching the rolls because if you are not careful, you will squish the roll in your hand when you catch it.
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Remember the law suit about hot coffee at McDonalds? This is crazier!

Quote Originally Posted by dwil23 View Post
    And that's the way it should be! I have never seen throwed rolls, but if it bothered me, I would either do what you did or just not go there. Period. Everyone is sue happy and looking for a way to make a buck.
    I agree with dwil23; 100%!
    Keep Calm and Quilt On!
    Wishing all a happy and healthy 2016.
    Paula

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I appreciate you guys for no fat man jokes with the yeast rolls. I have eaten a number of times at both the Missouri Lamberts restaurants. (And if you aren't fat going in you will put some weight on while you are there, for those who have never been to a Lamberts, think good old fashioned artery clogging home cooking served in what my grandmother used to "Harvest Hand" portion servings.

I guess now you will have to sign a "Hold Harmless" agreement to gain access and then only get seated at a table after properly and securely putting on your protective body armor.

I'd probably sue Lamberts for not throwing me a roll.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/t...olous-lawsuits

A favorite quote from my Dad: "YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID."
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Have mercy! Pass me a roll, please. I'll put the hot coffee in the cup holder, and promise not to try to do anything stupid today.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angelia View Post
    I do not like Lambert's because of the throwed rolls. The times I have been there, I politely requested that the rolls be brought to the table by the server, rather than hurled at me. I can't imagine they would hurt, though.
    LOL...maybe if a baseball player was throwing them...lol...but all kidding aside, I've been there and they have the best rolls ever! I cannot catch anything so my husband always caught them for me.
    TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KPH View Post
    Have mercy! Pass me a roll, please. I'll put the hot coffee in the cup holder, and promise not to try to do anything stupid today.
    There is always one in every crowd! LOL

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen the billboards many times, but had no idea what a "throwed roll" was. Some sort of rising process, I thought, maybe -- you know, yeasted roll, sourdough roll, throwed roll ....
    So, boB, you have enlightened me! But why not "thrown roll"? Is it Missouri dialect? I've lived in MO for 15 years but I'm not from around these parts, as you can tell!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire OneStitchAtATime View Post
    I have seen the billboards many times, but had no idea what a "throwed roll" was. Some sort of rising process, I thought, maybe -- you know, yeasted roll, sourdough roll, throwed roll ....
    So, boB, you have enlightened me! But why not "thrown roll"? Is it Missouri dialect? I've lived in MO for 15 years but I'm not from around these parts, as you can tell!
    It's Missouri Hillbilly dialect. LOL

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So, DD and I will be coming to the Forum Retreat next month, traveling from WI, is there a Lambert's any where we could stop? DD would love the place-she always wanted to throw rolls at the Thanksgiving table when she was young (old too I guess).
    Beth

Procrastinate. It frees up time to quilt!