Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default The house is too quiet

Well, the kids have just left. The house is way too quiet. It's been a busy 5 days.

Grandma made:

2 pentagon balls- thanks to Mansewing for the tut.

2 Christmas pillow cases

1 Dancing teddy bear on the embroidery machine (OMG! I used it for something other than letters!)

2 towel cover- ups for trips to the pool

Plus cooked and did laundry. Now to sweep up the last of the Cheerio's and peas from the kitchen and den floors, and get this house back in order.

I hate to see them go. It's probably the last time my son will see his grandma. It about killed me watching the little ones telling her bye.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The house is too quiet

(((HUGS))) and caring thoughts for you, your son, and your family. I know what you mean about a "too quiet house". My grands and son leave Saturday after a month's visit by the grands. I'll cry most of the day then start trying to get back into my routine.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

3. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sad times for sure.
    Laughing about the peas and Cheerios though.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

5. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I understand completely. My DGD left going back to Washington 1 week ago today.......it has thrown me into a major depression. She comes for the summer every year, and I love it. With just hubby and I here, it is soooooooo quiet. Honestly I'm a bit lost. Thankfully I'm snapping out of it. I'm so grateful to have this time with her every year, but it's hard to love them up a years worth in a few short weeks.

Hugs to you. Hope it gets better

7. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Two of my grandsons live with me. The weekends they are with there dad the house is real quiet. When they go to there dads my daughter is pretty much gone all weekend as well. So my husband does his thing and I have obligations on Saturdays now up until Christmas and then I will have two weeks off and go back at it the first weekend in January until the middle of February. But I love it when they come in and I hear all about there weekend and then when I lay down at night I can hear them breathing (snoring) from across the hall.

9. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean by the house being too quiet. My granddaughter has spent most of the summer with me (day and night). I am very lucky she lives in the same town as I do so I can see her anytime I want, but school starts Thursday and its just not the same as having her with me . It seems like they take more and more days away from their summer vacation. I think I have seen just about every episode of Disney's Dog with a Blog and Austin and Alley there is. She is 8 and we started learning to sew (hand sewing). I think its about time for her to take a beginning sewing class.( YA!!) I dread the day she is too busy to want to come over and wishing I could just keep her 8. BTW she is really good with fabric color and balance and not afraid to tell me.

11. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We are lucky that all our grandkids live within two miles of our house. Three of them (the girls) are just a block away!

When we had custody of Tyler, he was such a joy to have around. After he finished 2nd grade, we knew he would be moving down to the Portland area to live with his mom and her new (now ex) husband. We had discussed what day that would be, so imagine my surprise when they decided it was a whole week earlier and didn't both to let me know. Threw me into a deep depression. Luckily, I started vacation time shortly after that and MM was kind enough to take me to Hawaii to help me get over it. I still missed that little guy a lot, who wouldn't after several years, but it helped.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

13. Thanks KPH thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I understand, too. It's sad every time they go. DS#2 is leaving for grad school in a couple months. It's good and it's like it should be but I want to cry already just at the thought of him leaving.

15. Thanks KPH thanked for this post