Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Panasonic Cordless - What do you think?

I bought the one from Massdrop also...along with a travel cutting mat. I love this iron! It heats up quickly and no cord. Only downside I have found is that if you need to sit it down for a moment to smooth something out you have to return it to the base. Sometimes you are away from the base and this is not so convenient. However I will live with this little quirk for all the benefits!
    Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I hemmed (no pun intended!) and hawed for several months over which iron to give myself with some Amazon gift cards I received. I had $100 to spend and I finally decided on the Panasonic cordless 360. I have no regrets, its a wonderful iron. I really love being free of that cord on my old iron, it always got in my way. The 360 heats up fast, stays hot for as long as I need it to and I love the steam off or on feature (my old iron kicks on the steam over a certain temp - hate that). I just have to get myself out of the habit of trying to set it down on the non-existent flat end!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GaGa View Post
    I got my cordless Panasonic 360 from Massdrop about a month ago and love it! Have only used it for quilts so can't comment on ironing garments with it. It is "pointed" on both ends which might impact ironing shirts, etc.
    Ditto. I like it so far. But I haven't put any water in it and probably won't. I have fingertip spray bottles for water and Best Press that I use.
    ***Kathy***

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Have put water in my Panasonic cordless from day one and have had NO spitting or sputtering. LOVE this iron!

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like I should be trying this iron. I bought a Eurosteam (expensive iron) at the AQS in Phoenix a couple years back. They bragged on the warranty, how I would never need it, on and on. It didn't last 8 months. I tried for two more months to contact someone with no luck. I've had several Oliso's. My first one quit within a couple months, the one I have now is proceeding to fail. Won't pick up like it should, pretty soon you smell something burning. Shut off is not working correctly and if you put more than a half tank of water in it sputters. Granted I use mine a lot, but seriously? I'll leave here and start searching for a Panasonic. Thanks to all who contributed to this post. Really appreciate y'all!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had lunch with a ladies group yesterday and one mentioned that her son had given her a panasonic that would not fit in her fold up ironing cabinet. Yea for me, going to buy it from her next month at our lunch. Good for me/good for her.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Read all these and decided against. I don't transport and having a large iron deters cats from sleeping on ironing board.

I really want a Laurastar but can't justify it.

If you have cord problems, there's this:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=1&*entries*=0

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha O View Post
    Read all these and decided against. I don't transport and having a large iron deters cats from sleeping on ironing board.

I really want a Laurastar but can't justify it.

If you have cord problems, there's this:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=1&*entries*=0
    Put foil on your board when out of use. Cat's hate it. I did it in several places, like on top of the printer where hair was going all inside. Other places too, she was so confused. lol

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cat is more important than ironing board. Printers are covered. So is the scanner. We have plenty of towels.

I have a specially made ironing board cover, it's not cotton, so hair comes right off. It's from Miracle. Only company that has one for a Pfaff board. The board has a motor like the Laurastar and larger Reliables that pulls steam through. Pfaff sold it with a gravity iron years ago.

I would have liked another Reliable, except they went to the exterior tank model for steam generation, and filters are getting hard to find since Reliable dropped the filters a while ago.
    Last edited by Alpha O; September 20th, 2015 at 10:08 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the Panasonic 360 yesterday. A little concerned about the shape but everyone seems to love it and my Rowenta is broken. Saw a Rowenta at Sam's Club but it had the same flimsy lever that broke on mine. Hopefully the Panasonic will do the trick. I appreciate people taking the time to share their experiences.

Marci