Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Panasonic Cordless - What do you think?

When I first saw this iron, it was at SewExpo this past spring. They were selling it for $135!!!! As much as I hated to do it, I walked away from the iron. Imagine my surprise two days later as I stood in Eleanor Burns shop down in California. There was the same iron for $74!!! They had it on a special sale during a shop hop they were taking place in. I bought it then and there and carried it on the plane back home!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrammaBabs View Post
    I too HATE the cord thing.. especially when i'm pressing the binding back on a quilt top! Lots of weight to tug the cord from.. and to make matters worse, it has to go behind me rather than away from the board because of space constrictions...
    May i ask about distilled water??? I found a B&D iron i love for it's high heat and steam,,, but not being a "good girl" about the whole auto clean feature... it spits a bit occasionally..(of course only on white and light fabrics..LOL)..plus it has auto shut off which bugs me no end..
    So guess who is off to search Amazon...))) B
    I use distilled water because we have hard water here. I do not empty my tank between sewing sessions though, so my tank is never empty. This iron has been the best investment ever,it stays hot, it steams well and NO CORD!!! It does have an auto shut off but it heats up quickly.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I got my cordless Panasonic 360 from Massdrop about a month ago and love it! Have only used it for quilts so can't comment on ironing garments with it. It is "pointed" on both ends which might impact ironing shirts, etc.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I rec'd the same one that Iris Girl has as a Christmas gift after reading her review and the other positive posts about them. I just love it! So thankful that Iris Girl and others shared their reviews on this - one of the best things about this forum!
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Panasonic Cordless Iron off of Massdrop about a month ago. So far I love it. I was so tired of the cord getting tangled in my material with my other iron. Thankfully that iron quit on me so I could justify purchasing the Panasonic. I think I got it for $65 on Massdrop.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got mine too after April posted about hers. At first I thought it wasn't getting hot enough on the highest setting but it sure did iron and steam well!!! And no cord...... Priceless!!!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like

Default Panasonic 360 cordless iron

I saw on the forums yesterday that someone bought their Panasonic 360 cordless iron off of the Massdrop site. I went and looked it up. Apparently they offer products and you only have to buy if they enough people to get the lowest price. Right now you can get the cordless iron and a cutting mat for $99 if 30 more people commit to buy. There's also an option for for the iron only for $70. Both options have free shipping. Shipping date is around Sept 10 th. If they don't get reach the people minimum you aren't obligated to buy.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/panason...d-foldaway-mat

I'm not affliated in any way, I don't get anything if anyone purchases other than a great deal on an iron which everyone else would get as well.

Pam.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Panasonic 360 cordless iron

I saw that this am,but didn't commit to it.
    Joan

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I think the only time this iron wouldn't be loved is if you are the type to rarely set the iron down. Most often one irons, puts it down to readjust the clothing, then resumes ironing. You have to keep putting it back on its charger to reheat, it doesn't work by magic, but it takes only seconds to charge and is almost always ready when needed. You can iron quite a lot on one charge, but not an entire shirt. Seams and quilt blocks only take a few seconds to press, so it barely needs time to recharge.

Besides loving the cordless, I love how light and easy to maneuver it is. I wouldn't trade mine for anything now.

Someone posted elsewhere that it's also available on Panasonic.com for $65 right now. There is speculation that a new model is coming out.

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, everyone. I took the information given by stitchwishes to purchase it from Panasonic. Free shipping with around $5 tax brought it up to around $71. You all gave it such great reviews I decided to buy it.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.