Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: slump

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Question slump

After you finish a quilting project do you go into a minor depression? I just finished a baby quilt which I started in a middle of another quilt I am working on. Now that I have the baby quilt done, I am quite satisfied with, I feel I go into a slump. It is like the climax was so much for me and now I need to recover. I have a whole big quilt just sitting there ready to be worked on but I am disappointed that the other one is over. Do any of you get this way?
    I know once I jump back into the other quilt I will be fine, but just the other quilt coming to an end for me is a real drag. I look forward to working on it everyday (well maybe not everyday), and now that security is gone. Does this make sense to anyone?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: slump

When I feel like that, I start designing another one................

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My slump usually starts about halfway through, which explains all the UFOs.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I have a couple of times when I'm so busy that I don't have time to start another quilt, but usually I've got another one that I'm dying to start and I jump right in.
    Bec

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    My slump usually starts about halfway through, which explains all the UFOs.
    ROFL!!!!!

Mine usually is brought on by getting into a project and realizing how much I dislike the pattern AND the fabric!! I REALLY drag my feet then! Good thing it's too hot it to start a bonfire!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I experienced that just yesterday and wound up cleaning my sewing room. How's that for recovery? Now I don't want to do anything to mess it up again.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope. I don't get depressed but sometimes I'm a bit at loose ends as to what to do, but I wouldn't say depressed comes into play.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's like saying goodbye to someone you love. Of course you might be sad for a bit. But think about how much the receiver will love the quilt, hopefully that will make it easier. And the best medicine for feeling down is to jump right in and start another!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    I experienced that just yesterday and wound up cleaning my sewing room. How's that for recovery? Now I don't want to do anything to mess it up again.
    LOL
    When I finish a quilt I automatically start cleaning and turning all of my "scraps" into stacks of precuts for use in another quilt! It has become my habit. I love using my Big Shot for this and create squares from 2.5" all the way up to layer cakes depending on what I have left over. Once my room is back in order, I just pull out one of my other WIPS's and start a new one to fill the "void".

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I get like that, I have a backlog of quilt projects right now then I figured out my grand baby needed a couple nap quilts for daycare so I'll get those done. I've been working on my row by row I'll be sad when I'm done I've really enjoyed the process!