Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Inspired! Long story...

Love your story! I am teaching myself to FMQ also and amazing as it might be, I am improving to where it looks fairly decent!
    Carolyn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Big smile here for you Lori, and a great story as well. Nothing like taking "wing" and discovering our own potential with anything new and "scary", lol! Now just practice, practice, practice................and even that is fun AND addicting in it's own right!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccas-sewing View Post
    Does your machine have a darning foot or FMQ foot? That will help. Using a 1/4" or regular foot is not the proper foot to use for that application.
    Rebecca, I looked through all my feet and decided to use the one that I use for embroidery. It's a little square one. Isthat the right one?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

There is so much helpful info. on YouTube now. You probably can learn FMQ w/o the class. Also, some books are very helpful. If at all possible, I do recommend people taking an in-person class with an instructor available to help & give hands-on demo. It's definitely a learning curve. Everyone says the same thing. Practice, practice, practice. It helps to build muscle memory by practicing on paper or a white board.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bubby, just have to tell you that I like your little angel. Something I need to remember.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    ............... I figured out something sneaky I can do to get some help from the woman at J's, I just haven't done it yet....have to build up my courage first!!
    hmmmmm..... fill us in, Pat!

Lori - that is fantastic! I love how you just decided to do it and ran with it I'm off to J* to see if I can pick up a generic FMQ/darning foot for my Kenmore. I've done a smidge of FMQ on the Viking, and it went well. I want to see how the Kenmore does for classes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting this great story! I need to get brave and try it. The joy in your story tells me that it will be better than I think, especially if I go into it with your good attitude. Congrats on finding new fun on your own machine!
    ~Louise

What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other?
    George Eliot